1. I have that show. IT IS AMAZING!!!!!! Definitely do yourselves a favor and download that show. Your ears won't believe what they are listening to!!!!!!
  2. Huge Floyd fan as well. Saw Waters in '99 was an incredible experience. Wish Gilmour would come to the States!!!! In the words of my uncle, " I would pay just to see Gilmour tune his guitar!" Is Mason doing anything these days?
  3. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

He was just in Buffalo last week but I couldn't justify 100 dollars for a bad seat. My friends who went said it was killer tbough

yeah i paid about £130 for my two tickets.... it seriously hurt my bank balance but pink floyd are my joint all time fav band alongside U2 and with no U2 UK shows on the horizon i though what the hell... plus i never thought i'd ever get to see the wall performed live!
  4. I love them too especially 68-71 era.

I was on PF concert in 1994 - unforgettable and it was my first big concert
  5. Slightly off topic I suppose, but I have great respect for David and Roger touring under their own names now. 1994 wasn't really Pink Floyd...no Waters. Finally, now, with Waters touring The Wall, it's "Roger Waters: The Wall", and he did DSOTM a few years back, I remember. None of this cooky "GUNS N ROSES LIVE!" madness where one original member reaps the benefits of touring under the popular name. I appreciate that.
  6. Originally posted by MirrorballMan1991:Huge Floyd fan as well. Saw Waters in '99 was an incredible experience. Wish Gilmour would come to the States!!!! In the words of my uncle, " I would pay just to see Gilmour tune his guitar!" Is Mason doing anything these days?

he drives cars and plays on some Gilmour solo stuff.
  7. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Slightly off topic I suppose, but I have great respect for David and Roger touring under their own names now. 1994 wasn't really Pink Floyd...no Waters. Finally, now, with Waters touring The Wall, it's "Roger Waters: The Wall", and he did DSOTM a few years back, I remember. None of this cooky "GUNS N ROSES LIVE!" madness where one original member reaps the benefits of touring under the popular name. I appreciate that.

Funny really because The Division Bell is my second favourite Floyd album and Pulse a staggering live album IMO. I prefer to think of it as Floyd, just without Waters (no different to Floyd just without Barrett really....)

8. he's never played on any of gilmour's solo stuff!

you must be thinking of richard wright (rip)
  9. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]

Funny really because The Division Bell is my second favourite Floyd album and Pulse a staggering live album IMO. I prefer to think of it as Floyd, just without Waters (no different to Floyd just without Barrett really....)
    Division Bell is good and really Pinkfloydish... I don't like Momentary Lapse - it's more Gilmour's solo album than PF. The same with Final Cut - it never gets me into it...

Btw next week I'm going to see local PF revival, so I'm curious how they are
    (And of course, in the beginning of next year, I'm gonna see Australian Pink Floyd show - for the third time )
  10. A friend of mine went to the Roger Waters' THE WALL concert on Friday night and he is still shocked. He has attended 5 U2 concerts (2 in Dublin), but doens't hesitate to rate last Friday's show as the Best Live Act he's seen ever.

PS. By the way, I edited the topic's title in order to make this the official Pink Floyd topic
  11. http://www.guitarworld.com/article/pink-floyd-massive-reissue-campaign-starts-september

Massive Pink Floyd Reissue Campaign Starts in September

Pink Floyd and EMI Music, whose association dates from 1967, announce a comprehensive release schedule, to be launched Sept. 26, encompassing CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, SACD, digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone apps and a brand-new "Best Of" collection.

The band recently signed an agreement with EMI that has allowed the development of a multi-format program of packages, many containing archive material that has been collated during an extensive process between EMI and Pink Floyd for a range of media formats.

The releases, under the banner Why Pink Floyd…?, are designed to appeal to a cross-section of their fans, with music to excite first-time listeners, while super-deluxe box sets will cater to dedicated fans, allowing them to immerse themselves in multi-disc sets, containing alternate takes, unreleased tracks, restored live concert screen films and a live recording of the legendary Dark Side Of The Moon performance at Wembley in 1974.

A series of different listening experiences have been specially created for this release: in addition to remastered CD’s called Discovery and the Immersion CD / DVD / Blu-ray / memorabilia box sets will be a series of Experience Editions – coupling one classic album with a further disc of related content from that album to offer a deeper listening experience.

Coming Sept. 26:

Expanded deluxe and special edition versions of Pink Floyd masterwork The Dark Side Of The Moon, in a 6-disc Immersion box set and Experience 2-disc versions, as well as a collectors’ vinyl LP and various digital formats. Plus 14 studio albums, digitally remastered will be available separately or as a box set.

Coming Nov. 7:

Wish You Were Here 'Immersion' 5-disc and 'Experience' 2-disc editions, both of which will include bonus material from the band’s 1974 Wembley dates, including a 20-minute tour de force live rendition of ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’, as well as a unique recording of ‘Wish You Were Here’ featuring the legendary jazz violinist, Stephane Grappelli. A collectors’ vinyl LP will also be available, as will various digital formats.

Released simultaneously will be A Foot In The Door - The Best Of Pink Floyd, a collection of their most well known songs, contained on one album for the first time.

The long-awaited 5.1 version of Wish You Were Here, mixed by James Guthrie, will also be released in parallel via independent label Acoustic Sounds.

The Wall, which has sold 25-million double sets and has become a cultural and political touchstone over the last three decades, will be afforded the same exhaustive treatment on February 27, 2012, with deluxe packages including a 7-disc Immersion set and a 3-disc Experience edition. A collectors’ vinyl LP will also be available, as will various digital formats.

Pink Floyd’s official website, www.pinkfloyd.com, will be given a substantial relaunch. Pink Floyd’s Facebook page now has more than 11 million followers.

I had a feeling this was coming because I saw all the Floyd albums on clearance recently.

12. I like Pink Floyd!
    Comfortably Numb is my Favoritsong!
    Dark Side of the Moon is an great Album!