2019-11-22 - Sydney
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. He'll be tipping a wink for sure 😉
  2. This seems like a really big deal, have there been rumors about this that I've missed? Or is this the first we're hearing about it?

I'm not saying "I don't know how he can go on" but I will be watching future U2 concerts with some extremely curious eyes when Dallas is no longer Edge's sidekick.
  3. I think it all was a misfortuned, overblown rumour due to the (well known) fact that Dallas works for other bands other than U2. I think he said "after this, I'll be working with Bruce Springsteen" and people thought he was quitting U2, when in reality he was just stating the obvious: after this tour ends, he just won't be working with U2 for a couple of months/years.
  4. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    This seems like a really big deal, have there been rumors about this that I've missed? Or is this the first we're hearing about it?

I'm not saying "I don't know how he can go on" but I will be watching future U2 concerts with some extremely curious eyes when Dallas is no longer Edge's sidekick.
    Same here (if it ends up happening). He's become such an INTEGRAL part to U2's performance, specially since 2015... He's no longer "the guy who hands guitars to The Edge" - he also triggers sounds, changes pedals, etc. He and Joe O'Herlihy are probably the most important parts of the U2 performance & sound outside of the 4 members of the band.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Same here (if it ends up happening). He's become such an INTEGRAL part to U2's performance, specially since 2015... He's no longer "the guy who hands guitars to The Edge" - he also triggers sounds, changes pedals, etc. He and Joe O'Herlihy are probably the most important parts of the U2 performance & sound outside of the 4 members of the band.
    Don't forget Terry!

6. In my top 3 all time gigs. I even got the stub off of E bay from an unsuspecting seller.
  7. Yeah well said! Even though he seems to be less prominent now (or at least Bono doesn't reference him that often as he did on the 360 Tour!).
  8. First tour since Lovetown that I won't be spending the day in a queue waiting to see U2 in Sydney. Feels wrong but the people I'm going with on each night needed seats for various reasons, so compromises had to be made. Hope we get two great nights, especially tonight being the 22nd anniversary since we lost the great Michael Hutchence.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah well said! Even though he seems to be less prominent now (or at least Bono doesn't reference him that often as he did on the 360 Tour!).
    Bono doesn’t really say much about individual crew members anymore
  10. Can't see Dallas retiring. It's not exactly a 9-5 mundane job is it.
    Unless health reasons stop him .
  11. He also does not more than just tour work
    He's at the beck and call of the edge flying all over the world to setup gear and recordings and whatever else they do. I can see why at his point in life it'd be time to sit back and relax and enjoy what's left
  12. I don't see why he wouldn't retire.