Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. I think it also depends on where in the Setlist they intend the song to go. Miracle drug was intended to be a rotation with COBL which is a complete mismatch when you take into account the casual fan. Similarly most of the i&e tour rarities came in the e stage which was always a rotational slot. If wild horses is given its own slot to be played every night they might stick with it like they did with Zooropa and October.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    And this trend will continue. They expect that the crowd will love it, and if they play Wild Horses then most of the crowd will not get into it, which is what I'd expect to. And then they'll drop it.

They should just lower their crowd expectations for these songs and appreciate that us die-hards absolutely love it.
    I think it's quite important that the crowd likes the songs the are playing, especially the older songs Most songs that were dropped on recent tours were just not coherent enough live. Of course it was nice to hear A sort of homecoming but Bad was so much better. I'm not a big fan of City of blinding lights, but live it works so much better than Miracle Drug.
  3. maybe it can become the new Ultraviolet; dropped on Zoo TV, not played for a long time and finally it became a bit of live favorite.
  4. Theres also the possibility we’re underestimating the reaction wild horses will get. It was a single after all on one of there biggest albums and likely to be quite well known.
  5. It's problem,that they start to play it to North American crowd and they don't get it, but Europeans or South Americans would appriciate it, but it's already dropped before the end of NA part of tour and they don't try it again
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:It's problem,that they start to play it to North American crowd and they don't get it, but Europeans or South Americans would appriciate it, but it's already dropped before the end of NA part of tour and they don't try it again
    2015 suffered from this but on the flip side Zoo Station, Magnificent and Two Hearts didn’t hang around when trialled In Europe that year either.
  7. I'd love them to play WH regularly, I hope it doesn't die a sad death as a snippet
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:It's problem,that they start to play it to North American crowd and they don't get it, but Europeans or South Americans would appriciate it, but it's already dropped before the end of NA part of tour and they don't try it again
    I’ve warched enough videos to call complete bullshit. Tons of standing around during lesser known songs and tons of phones filming in Europe, same like US The only part of this world that can boast about going crazy at shows still is SA.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    2015 suffered from this but on the flip side Zoo Station, Magnigicent and Two Hearts didn’t hang around when trialled In Europe that year either.
    Exactly. Europe were the safer sets
  10. Another thing that I think comes into the bands thinking is how comfortable they are with a song and how easy they find it to play. Sweetest thing, elevation, angel Of Harlem, desire, none of these will require much work from the band but I bet it takes a while for them to get wild horses right and even then they’ll probably have to concentrate more with that one each night. I’m not saying the Setlist is all technically easy, I wouldn’t have a clue where to start with effects but I think it’s mainly all within the bands comfort zone. I think as they get older that would probably have to be factored into things even more.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Theres also the possibility we’re underestimating the reaction wild horses will get. It was a single after all on one of there biggest albums and likely to be quite well known.
    I totally agree. It is not the same as Ultraviolet or Drowning Man or Two Hearts or Miracle Drug or ASOH . I believe WH is much more known than we think. And it might get a better reception by the (non die-hard fans) crowd.
  12. I'll take it any way I can get it, but I'm betting we get a phoned-in semi-acoustic performance of it instead of just a full electric delivery.