1. Wow, I have seen many fan made U2 concert videos. Some great, and some not so great. I'm sure a lot of us have seen some of these videos where the video edits are not from same shows and fairly obvious. My takeaway of the Grammys presentation, was whoever put this together, said hold my beer. Not even using the the actual Vegas deconstruction time-lapse with the actual song being played, is just negligent.
  2. I was thinking that maybe they couldn't clear broadcast rights for the imagery actually used during the live performance of Atomic City and were forced to go with the other background snippets used. Maybe they only purchased rights of the identifiable locations for use in the Sphere and not on any other "for profit" broadcast.

While I was disappointed in not seeing a performance more like the actual concert, I asked someone who has not been to the Sphere yet and she actually thought it showcased the venue/performance pretty well.
  3. It should have been a performance of the song as seen in the show. It's a ballsy move playing a new song but that's one of the reasons I love U2, I want them to push the new material. However, this commercial, essentially, wasn't the best move. It felt very thrown together and choppy. Oh well, U2 will be fine.
  4. shot themselves in the foot again. Band is being poorly managed right now
  5. Gonna say that was a big disappointment last night. I found it hard to watch. Cutting to the next thing before I even figured out what I’m looking at, and I’ve been in the building. Felt like Hamish Hamilton was behind the edit lol.

- Adam’s clothes changed 4 times.
    - Adam went from bearded to clean shaven

And Rolling Stone is reporting it was live? Did they even watch it?

I like the song. I think they would have been better served by just doing a live performance. I know a lot of fans are commenting no Atomic footage was used, but the light cross was used in the Atomic City video before we ever saw it at the start of the show, and there was an emphasis on that. If the Atomic footage was problematic just do the performance to some other footage.

I’m tired of this drone footage. It was cool the first time. But last night the way it was edited just made me nauseous.

Anyway disappointing night. Thankfully there were two remixes by David….nah…not going there hahahaha.
  6. Well, the performance by U2 was horribly executed in the TV terms. The editing was awful, one could clearly see that the video was made from cuts from different songs. And there's even a moment where Bono sings, but he doesn't have the microphone in front of him. Flop.