1. Where is the video viewable? I want to see just how bad it is. lol

This popped up. XD:
  2. Originally posted by kevinu267:[..]
    Obviously they weren't watching Annie Lennox's performance. Normally will listen to Annie Lennox but her performance I thought was horrific.

Disagree. Heartfelt and raw. Deliberately rough around the edges in a way that a lot of performers would not want to be seen doing. Ballsy move.
  3. Originally posted by grzeko:Well, the performance by U2 was horribly executed in the TV terms. The editing was awful, one could clearly see that the video was made from cuts from different songs. And there's even a moment where Bono sings, but he doesn't have the microphone in front of him. Flop.

Was nice to see Larry.

4. Originally posted by grzeko:Well, the performance by U2 was horribly executed in the TV terms. The editing was awful, one could clearly see that the video was made from cuts from different songs. And there's even a moment where Bono sings, but he doesn't have the microphone in front of him. Flop.

Was nice to see Larry.

5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Gonna say that was a big disappointment last night. I found it hard to watch. Cutting to the next thing before I even figured out what I’m looking at, and I’ve been in the building. Felt like Hamish Hamilton was behind the edit lol.

- Adam’s clothes changed 4 times.
    - Adam went from bearded to clean shaven

And Rolling Stone is reporting it was live? Did they even watch it?

I like the song. I think they would have been better served by just doing a live performance. I know a lot of fans are commenting no Atomic footage was used, but the light cross was used in the Atomic City video before we ever saw it at the start of the show, and there was an emphasis on that. If the Atomic footage was problematic just do the performance to some other footage.

I’m tired of this drone footage. It was cool the first time. But last night the way it was edited just made me nauseous.

Anyway disappointing night. Thankfully there were two remixes by David….nah…not going there hahahaha.

Just seemed like a Sphere and Vegas promotional video..U2 have always been known for their live performances, with the arguable height being the VMA live performance from Detroit during Zoo TV.. this was very disappointing, and I really would call it lazy. I don't dislike Atomic City, but I wouldn't call it one of their greatest songs, either- lyrically or musically. Sucks to see the press dissing the "performance," but I don't disagree. Too bad the Grammys weren't on a show night, maybe they could have set up some kind of actual live performance and recaptured some of the magic of old.

Edit- ordering hundreds of pizzas for the Grammy audience.. that would have been epic
  6. It was 100% a promo for The Sphere. They gotta keep bringing the acts in for years to come. It was cool as I was just there, but no big deal & not worth getting upset over haha.
  7. The crowd was mixed way to high in the performance as well.

8. Yeah it sounded fake as hell, almost like a canned laughter track on a 1970s sitcom.
  9. I loved the experience I had there and would go again depending on the artist.. just wish they had actually showed a live performance and not a bunch of stock videos
  10. Larry grows smarter with every dumb decision. The Grammy PR infomercial was a joke.