2017-07-29 - Amsterdam
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. That ticket isn't valid for the train. It's bus, metro & tram only.
    It won't allow you to travel to Schiphol, for instance (as you can only reach that by train, car, or special airport shuttles I guess).
    For Amstelveen it should be alright.
  2. okay, thanks btw. google maps can't find a way by public transport from Amstelveen (Oranjebaan) to Arena - probably some google bug What is the best way to go to arena and back?
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:okay, thanks btw. google maps can't find a way by public transport from Amstelveen (Oranjebaan) to Arena - probably some google bug What is the best way to go to arena and back?
    Bus 171. It travels from Oranjebaan (bus stop) to Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA.

Should take you about 15 minutes
  4. EDIT: but that is not a GVB bus ...you need to buy a ticket in the171 bus!
  5. thank you! is there any 24hrs ticket valid for every public transport in the city?
  6. Yes:

Originally posted by BigGiRL:What also might come in handy is the Amsterdam Travel Ticket. Available tickets for 1-day (€ 16), 2-day (€ 21) and 3-day (€ 26)

Not wanting to sound like a hostess or travel agent / tour promoter - non-traveling sales agent - but it does have benefits:

Everything is on just one ticket - ✓
    It gives you unlimited travel in Amsterdam - ✓
    Carefree travel on public transport in Amsterdam (not sure what it means other than what was stated above: unlimited travel in Amsterdam) - ✓
    Cheaper than separate tickets - ✓ (if you use it a lot, yes)
  7. sounds like a hostess or travel agent / tour promoter - ✓
  8. oh... that one Now I feel stupid because I read it a while before
    Thanks for patience
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    That ticket isn't valid for the train. It's bus, metro & tram only.
    It won't allow you to travel to Schiphol, for instance (as you can only reach that by train, car, or special airport shuttles I guess).
    For Amstelveen it should be alright.
    Caution, the card expires at 4.00am each day, so if you buy a 2 day card on Friday, it will expire at 4.00am Sunday morning, so you have to buy a 3 day card, to cover any travel Sunday after 4.00am
  10. But still cheap at 26 euros for 3 days
  11. so it's not 24/48/72 hrs ticket.... it's valid for the day until the next day 4:00am (so not worth it for buying it in the afternoon)