1. Originally posted by guykirk9:Didn’t want to make a new post but does anyone know of different versions of Pride where Bono opens with the chorus like Vegas in 1997? Was it common in Popmart and am I just forgetting or was that mainly a one off thing where he would open with the “in the name of love”
    From all the Popmart bootlegs I've heard, that occasion was only in Las Vegas and I think it happened because of problems with Bono's voice during the gig and he just let rip on the first chorus.

Best version of Pride live for me though is on the Popmart tour on the official Mexico release, the crowd are amazing and the drum intro is nice and punchy.
  2. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    From all the Popmart bootlegs I've heard, that occasion was only in Las Vegas and I think it happened because of problems with Bono's voice during the gig and he just let rip on the first chorus.

Best version of Pride live for me though is on the Popmart tour on the official Mexico release, the crowd are amazing and the drum intro is nice and punchy.
    Okay that’s what I thought, yeah he wants edge to turn the guitar louder or play in a different key or something but he nails the chorus. I’ve always liked the way it just went right into it
  3. I really enjoy the version they played on “U2 go home: live from Slane castle 2001
  4. You can’t tell me it’s not a great version, I honestly might like it better than any other on Popmart
  5. I thought 2018 EI version for the tour was really impactful.
  6. I like the guy being caught hitting his joint on camera. they focused on him. too funny.

As far as that version, it does nothing for me but I am not a huge fan of any version post 1990. I can't think of any that really hits me like the ones in the 80's do.
  7. Originally posted by unclejosh:I like the guy being caught hitting his joint on camera. they focused on him. too funny.

As far as that version, it does nothing for me but I am not a huge fan of any version post 1990. I can't think of any that really hits me like the ones in the 80's do.
    Come on man that intro tho :’(
  8. Pride is meh in general now
  9. I love the song and I did believe that it was a bit meh in 2018, but in my opinion, a year later in the JT19 tour Bono did a great job. The power & intensity in his voice on the chorus and his technique on his delivery were pretty amazing. I think he really nailed the "in the naaaame of love - whaat mooore in the name of love" notes and did a better job than in 2018.
  10. It was special for me ... I was there. My first U2 concert.

11. Dortmund 1984
    That is all 👌