1. "Woningsdag" here...but had a brisk walk in the outdoors this morning - that was lovely.
  2. Roof was closed so it felt like a huge indoor venue anyways but technically it's a soccer stadium.
  3. I know I know, I read it in Wikipedia. I just wanted to know if I had to revise my belief that "Turin was the only stadium&outdoor gig of the ET". Today seems to be a good day to revisit old beliefs y'know
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I know I know, I read it in Wikipedia. I just wanted to know if I had to revise my belief that "Turin was the only stadium&outdoor gig of the ET". Today seems to be a good day to revisit old beliefs y'know
    Haha.. Turin (and the Berlin Waldbuhne and the Vienna gig) were actually outdours..

Gelredome wasn't, but would definitely qualify as a stadium gig. It's not a big stadium though but still averaged more than 36.000 a night for the U2 gigs. Original story is that they were going to play some exhibition center in Utrecht but that was way too small to meet demand.
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Haha.. Turin (and the Berlin Waldbuhne and the Vienna gig) were actually outdours..

Gelredome wasn't, but would definitely qualify as a stadium gig. It's not a big stadium though but still averaged more than 36.000 a night for the U2 gigs. Original story is that they were going to play some exhibition center in Utrecht but that was way too small to meet demand.
    Vienna 2001 was indoors, probably one of the smallest venues of the tour. Vienna 1992 was outdoors during indoor tour. Berlin, Turin and Slane were outdoors as well..
  6. Started listening to 360 Cape Town, and burst out laughing when Bono chanted "Aaaaaaaaaaaafrica" right before Beautiful Day. It's just so perfect.
  7. Originally posted by superchuk5:Started listening to 360 Cape Town, and burst out laughing when Bono chanted "Aaaaaaaaaaaafrica" right before Beautiful Day. It's just so perfect.
    It fits so well over the Africanish-sounding remix of GOYB, but Beautiful Day after it was so lame. Worst gig opener they've ever played (and it's a shame because these 2010 & early 2011 sets were superb otherwise).
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Vienna 2001 was indoors, probably one of the smallest venues of the tour. Vienna 1992 was outdoors during indoor tour. Berlin, Turin and Slane were outdoors as well..
    Vienna was so hot, especially 1st nite, people were fainting all over the heart rails and they cut short the set (The Fly not being played), ... 2nd nite it being axed again because they added 11 O'clock thanks to our request ... still shame about The Fly.
  9. While working on the new U2start Video project I have stumbled upon some rare footage.

This is one of these examples.

No known recording of the 1993-11-20 - Brisbane show exists, so it's one of these shows where any document from it is highly valuable. Here we present you with a soundboard and proshot recording of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

It comes from a private tape sent by U2's crew to one of the girls that went up onstage with Bono for the champagne thingy. Isn't it amazing? It's as ZooTVish as it gets

Here's the original comment by the girl:

"cathlawrence: It’s all U2’s production company’s footage.
    Back in 1993, when there was no internet o Google searches,
    I made contact with their people in Ireland stating I was the girl on stage in Brisbane.
    Then many months later a VHS arrived. It’s amazing and very special
    ".

-----------

So, for the sake of completism here's the very only recording of Brisbane '93 that will ever see the light of day.

And yet another proof that U2 record most/all of their shows in soundboard and proshot video! Imagine if they ever open up these vaults...

https://u2start.com/shows/1060/#!audio
  10. Wow! What an amazing thing to do. The production on this looks great too. I'd love to see them open the vaults a tiny bit through this lockdown period. So many other bands have been doing it!