1. ---duplicate
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Big thanks to @UnderARedSky we now have improved our available recordings for the following shows:

1989-10-08 - Melbourne, Australia - National Tennis Centre - we now have @boyacrobat's matrix, using his own audience recording plus Darren Glen's remaster of the "Bad At Its Best" bootleg. The result is far from being a 5star recording, but it kinda minimizes the flaws from each of the source recordings and maximizes its strengths, striking a nice balance.

1989-11-29 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall - this is by far the biggest improvement of the bunch. The previous recording we had was muddy, noisy, brickwalled and not really listenable. This new recording comes from the same source but with a much better (and lower generation) transfer. Now you can hear Bono crystal clear, even if the audience is still prominent and noisy.

1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice - we've added @Marcus's Neumann KM-184 recording which is almost equivalent to @JLW's DSM-6S recording that we already had. JLW's one sounds a tiiiiny bit better than this new one in my opinion, but it's all a matter of preference, and it's always nice to have a different flavour for the same show.

1997-05-09 - Tempe, Arizona - ASU Sun Devil Stadium - we now have @hoserama's remaster of @Gambler's original IEM recording (including the rehearsals). We had the original but it ran at an incorrect speed and had some phase & pitch problems that are now solved.

1997-06-12 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Winnipeg Stadium - we now have the "Rocking the Peg Y'All" source that's described on Justin's and Achtungbootleg's sites, and sounds noticeably better than the existing source. Not sure if it's the same source recording, I'd say it isn't. Whether they are or not, the new recording is louder, punchier and more "in your face" than the older one.

2001-08-01 - Arnhem, Netherlands - Gelredome - these 3 Arnhem nights are very well covered in terms of audio and video recordings, but there's always room for improvement isn't there? Drew Williamsen has made several great matrixes throughout the years and this is no exception. He mixed in Bono's IEM with two audience sources (one of which we already had!) and the result is a very clean and balanced recording of one of the most energetic U2 gigs of the tour. Grazing 5 stars.
    Also, I'm shamelessly quoting myself to recommend everyone to go listen to that Osaka 89 and Arnhem 01 recordings - 4 hours of great fun & sound to carry you through this grey quarantine Monday
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Big thanks to @UnderARedSky we now have improved our available recordings for the following shows:

1989-10-08 - Melbourne, Australia - National Tennis Centre - we now have @boyacrobat's matrix, using his own audience recording plus Darren Glen's remaster of the "Bad At Its Best" bootleg. The result is far from being a 5star recording, but it kinda minimizes the flaws from each of the source recordings and maximizes its strengths, striking a nice balance.

1989-11-29 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall - this is by far the biggest improvement of the bunch. The previous recording we had was muddy, noisy, brickwalled and not really listenable. This new recording comes from the same source but with a much better (and lower generation) transfer. Now you can hear Bono crystal clear, even if the audience is still prominent and noisy.

1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice - we've added @Marcus's Neumann KM-184 recording which is almost equivalent to @JLW's DSM-6S recording that we already had. JLW's one sounds a tiiiiny bit better than this new one in my opinion, but it's all a matter of preference, and it's always nice to have a different flavour for the same show.

1997-05-09 - Tempe, Arizona - ASU Sun Devil Stadium - we now have @hoserama's remaster of @Gambler's original IEM recording (including the rehearsals). We had the original but it ran at an incorrect speed and had some phase & pitch problems that are now solved.

1997-06-12 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Winnipeg Stadium - we now have the "Rocking the Peg Y'All" source that's described on Justin's and Achtungbootleg's sites, and sounds noticeably better than the existing source. Not sure if it's the same source recording, I'd say it isn't. Whether they are or not, the new recording is louder, punchier and more "in your face" than the older one.

2001-08-01 - Arnhem, Netherlands - Gelredome - these 3 Arnhem nights are very well covered in terms of audio and video recordings, but there's always room for improvement isn't there? Drew Williamsen has made several great matrixes throughout the years and this is no exception. He mixed in Bono's IEM with two audience sources (one of which we already had!) and the result is a very clean and balanced recording of one of the most energetic U2 gigs of the tour. Grazing 5 stars.

4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Also, I'm shamelessly quoting myself to recommend everyone to go listen to that Osaka 89 and Arnhem 01 recordings - 4 hours of great fun to carry you through this grey quarantine Monday
    Quoting yourself and duplicate posts? Shame on you Mr. Santos, shame on you.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Also, I'm shamelessly quoting myself to recommend everyone to go listen to that Osaka 89 and Arnhem 01 recordings - 4 hours of great fun & sound to carry you through this grey quarantine Monday
    I was at that Arnhem show. 11 o' Clock was a big surprise I remember. Odd venue during that tour. Gelredome is basically a roofed stadium (albeit a bit smaller). Still they averaged 36K crowd per night..
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I was at that Arnhem show. 11 o' Clock was a big surprise I remember. Odd venue during that tour. Gelredome is basically a roofed stadium (albeit a bit smaller). Still they averaged 36K crowd per night..
    Wow really? I didn't know it was that big. I knew that 2001-07-21 - Turin (another recommended listen+watch btw!) was the only outdoor stadium gig of the tour, with 2001-07-29 - Berlin and obviously the Slane Castle gigs being outdoor too.

Was the Gelredome roof open or shut for these gigs?
  7. Ahhh that's right Happy OranjeDag Koningsdag for y'all Dutchies I guess this year's festivities ain't gonna be as expansive and all-out as usual but I hope you enjoy it anyway.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ahhh that's right Happy OranjeDag Koningsdag for y'all Dutchies I guess this year's festivities ain't gonna be as expansive and all-out as usual but I hope you enjoy it anyway.
    Indeed, we're taking it easy today...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    fake news

9. @likeasong

There's no festivities other than digital initiatives, still under lock-down here.. The place on that pic is a mile or so from where I live but I'm pretty sure that's empty today But.. as our king said this morning: this will be the first and last time we celebrate this in our own homes..