1. It doesn't have a thing to do with hate. It has to do with the fact that 9 out of 9 persons are looking to Bono through a LED screen here

And that's a more and more and more common behaviour everywhere. I'm not against anyone taking their phone out for a while if they want to have a lasting (and blurry) memory of the concert - what I'm against of is having 15 bright LED screens between me and the artist. It's distracting, more so when the people holding them are not "only" taking pictures, but talking with their friends or seeking for GPS location for their anticipated facebook post at the U2 concert. Urgh

If we had a recording software integrated into our brains to save all the moments from the show, then I wouldn't have a thing agai..... oh, wait, we do. It's called memory
  2. Dare I ask how you took the photo
  3. I didn't take it, a professional, paid-for photographer did.

And I take my concert photos with my camera, not with a phone that might distract me or the people around me
  4. I haven't been to a concert in a while, so I don't know what the current "situation" is like. looking at recent tour pictures (like the one above), is a terrifying image... as many others have said here before, I, too, like my handfull of personal reminders, but then I put the camera/phone away.

I remember my 360 show in gelsenkirchen me and stripey were right at the railing of the outer ring. we were so lucky! I was hella nervous and wanted a couple of good pictures, but I realized soon enough that my camera wasn't quite up to the task. however, when edge came around on the catwalk and walked directly past us (and as you might have noticed, he's my favourite ) I was so torn between "do I take a picture to keep this moment?? or do I look with my own goddamn eyes??" it was a matter of seconds and I opted for my eyes ofc I did try to take a picture at some other point, but like I said, my camera was crap, so I put it away entirely. it was the better choice.

I'll probably take my new camera along to amsterdam. I have a seat ticket for that show, so it might be worth trying out. for cologne, I probably won't take it into GA with me, because it's a little too heavy for that, and for the quick and dirty reminder, my phone should do.

I guess I am a little afraid of what this phone mania means for the performers... I hope this doesn't take the fun out of the live experience for the guys. I also hope I won't have a forest of arms and phones in front of me when I'm standing in GA I'm not the tallest person, pff.
  5. You will
  6. You will
  7. Perfect timing to remember this:

8. hahaha "or just knife 'em"
  9. this is the worst, the WORST
  10. My views towards this have changed a bit after thinking about it, mainly because I know I was guilty of holding my phone up all the time during my last GA experience during 360. I took blurry phone pictures of the band members as they walked by and even tried to video record streets. The video was downright terrible because that's what happens when you try to video record stuff while jumping around. Still, I look back at these blurry photos and watch that video and it takes me back to one of the greatest nights of my life.