1. Edge.
  2. Chris Martin background vocals. Can't decide yet; too many good things so far, so much more to discover.
  3. bass.

Iris and California... Adam nailed it!

4. Ha I should've included that as a voting option
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Nothing stands out, and no song stands out. Its all cohesive and coherent. And thats exactly the strongest part of the album

This, this, EXACTLY this!

The songs are unique enough to not be compared to each other, yet cohesive enough to fit on the same album. As what has been said before, SOI is the most "complete" album U2 has ever released.
  6. So vocals and lyrics are in a close tie for the win here. Guess the two are that interrelated that no one can choose
  7. The music!

8. Ditto! but there are similarities with other albums though i have picked up but im loving the new music, and i cant wait for Songs of Experience

9. Yeah, if I had to choose something I'd go for this.
    In fact, as harsh as it may sound, Bono is the only downside of the album for me (seriously).
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Nothing stands out, and no song stands out. Its all cohesive and coherent. And thats exactly the strongest part of the album

+1
  11. Edge sounds like the Edge, I like the back tracks and synths. Adam has really mastered his instrument. Larry is solid, nothing special, but solid. Bono's lyrics are lacking IMO, and every song is just about in the same key. There are a few songs I do like, but all in all I'm a little disappointed especially since they've taken their time to release this album. I think they've run out of ideas. Will still go see them, but I prefer if they stick mainly to their older material rather than trying to promote this album.