1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It definitely seems like it! Too "uniform" opinions, and "casually" all of their highlights are the songs we haven't heard. That smells like rotten salmon.
    And the "positive" things actually sound very fishy:
    Best comeback single since Beautiful Day

Like Song For Someone but much slower

What's next? "This is their best song about footwear since Get On Your Boots"?
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It definitely seems like it! Too "uniform" opinions, and "casually" all of their highlights are the songs we haven't heard. That smells like rotten salmon.
    that is exactly what bothers me.... why would they first dish out 4 or 5 songs that are not the best on the album and keep quiet about the highlights? not realistic...
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    [..]

[..]

4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    [..]

[..]

Give them a break. They had to change a lot of SOE songs to reflect the footwear industry concerns after Trump won the elections.
  5. Some are worried about the positive reviews of people who have listened to the complete SOE, it could just be a good album.
  6. Originally posted by ferrari:Some are worried about the positive reviews of people who have listened to the complete SOE, it could just be a good album.
    It could.

..... no really!
  7. Maybe this is for another topic, but in that recent Dutch interview with Bono and Edge, they were asked what their fans mean to them, and Edge pretty much said “we wouldn’t be here without them, but we’re greedy and we like to try and get new ones too.”

I’m curious as to what you guys think about how U2 feels about their fan base. Do you think they care? How much? Do you think they listen? Are they too old school to actually read fan sites and twitter and Instagram comments to get a sense of where our heads are at?
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Maybe this is for another topic, but in that recent Dutch interview with Bono and Edge, they were asked what their fans mean to them, and Edge pretty much said “we wouldn’t be here without them, but we’re greedy and we like to try and get new ones too.”

I’m curious as to what you guys think about how U2 feels about their fan base. Do you think they care? How much? Do you think they listen? Are they too old school to actually read fan sites and twitter and Instagram comments to get a sense of where our heads are at?
    The Edge....is that you?
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Maybe this is for another topic, but in that recent Dutch interview with Bono and Edge, they were asked what their fans mean to them, and Edge pretty much said “we wouldn’t be here without them, but we’re greedy and we like to try and get new ones too.”

I don't think they check out fansites nor their own social media sites - except Instagram, and only for uploading pics and then leave the rest (which is not much since U2's social don't engage with their followers at all, no answers, no favs, no RTs, no anything) for their management.

That left aside, I really do think they care. They have an extremely wide and loyal fanbase and they know it. They know some of their fans (more every year) travel around the world and spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in just chasing U2 around their continent or the globe. I mean, who can't appreciate that? And as for more "normal" fans, I think they care too. They might not listen (aka make what we want) but they surely care that we have an opinion on what they do.

They have lived -and still live- a great life thanks to us. They've been lucky enough not to struggle with a serious lack of popularity almost since they started filling pubs in the late 70s - and that's not only because of the quality of their musical input but also because of the passion we feel for them. That's something they can't just ignore. It's not that common nowadays, but back in the day you could hear Bono saying "Thank you for giving us a great life" almost in every concert.

They know. They thank. They care.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Maybe this is for another topic, but in that recent Dutch interview with Bono and Edge, they were asked what their fans mean to them, and Edge pretty much said “we wouldn’t be here without them, but we’re greedy and we like to try and get new ones too.”

I really don't know why but I don't feel like they care about the fans that much. I don't have evidence to support that, it's just a weird feeling I have
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I don't think they check out fansites nor their own social media sites - except Instagram, and only for uploading pics and then leave the rest (which is not much since U2's social don't engage with their followers at all, no answers, no favs, no RTs, no anything) for their management.

That left aside, I really do think they care. They have an extremely wide and loyal fanbase and they know it. They know some of their fans (more every year) travel around the world and spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in just chasing U2 around their continent or the globe. I mean, who can't appreciate that? And as for more "normal" fans, I think they care too. They might not listen (aka make what we want) but they surely care that we have an opinion on what they do.

They have lived -and still live- a great life thanks to us. They've been lucky enough not to struggle with a serious lack of popularity almost since they started filling pubs in the late 70s - and that's not only because of the quality of their musical input but also because of the passion we feel for them. That's something they can't just ignore. It's not that common nowadays, but back in the day you could hear Bono saying "Thank you for giving us a great life" almost in every concert.

They know. They thank. They care.
    This is the way I want to feel, and know you're probably right and I'm just being stupid.

Originally posted by marianarielli:[..]
    I really don't know why but I don't feel like they care about the fans that much. I don't have evidence to support that, it's just a weird feeling I have

This is sort of why I ask, because it's sort of how I feel as well. I can't put my finger on it either, but I feel like they sort of expect their fans to be there when they need them, but don't entirely think beyond of putting on a great show for them, realizing they wouldn't be where they are without them, etc. I don't know, compared to newer bands these days, U2 just seems sort of...out of touch with their fans, like they don't share a lot with their fans or something. I'm thinking out loud...