1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I feel that this is the lens to view SOE through. With that in mind, I think it could make a lot of sense. It'd certainly change some expectations - they took time off to rework some of the record because the world changed. So they came back with an album that was more fun. I think that makes a lot of sense. I often feel that people right now don't often want to have fun, or at least forget to - we try to be serious about a lot of stuff, grave-faced over this issue or that issue. These are trying times in just about every angle, and there's a lot of issues for people to be serious about. But that doesn't mean we have to be joyless and doom-and-gloom about everything. There's a reason U2 recommends two shots of happy, and only one shot of sad, after all. If you want to be serious about serious issues in your world, you have to able and willing to have fun, too - otherwise, what's the point of being serious about anything?
    what's the point of being serious about anything? (re: we still have to live our lives)

well said
  2. 1984
  3. In Australia so the link doesn't work for me
  4. It's not "big brother" it's just do those meanderings in other places.