1. All signs point to 12/1, and it's listed on many release schedules... But until I see an official announcement from the band or the label, I'd call it "tentative"
  2. That makes sense.
  3. So, an announcement could come tomorrow or else next week? Exciting
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    What he possibly means is that he prefers the story/chronologics of SOE as a whole more than Achtung Baby.

What he forgets is, that Achtung Baby for most fans was a grower more than any other U2 album. I doubt that many U2 fans loved AB at first listen and put it as "better than The Joshua Tree". It takes time. So no way he can already say this about SOE.

Great point. When I got Achtung Baby in 1991, I was among my only friends who loved it, but it probably took until the summer of 1992 before I put it above the Joshua Tree. I do remember arguing with old school U2 fans that it was a masterpiece accomplishment. By the time I saw Zoo TV live, in Miami in Oct 1992, I was telling people Prince only had 7 albums better than Achtung Baby! Yes, another Prince reference...lol. One day, I am going to drive down the long bridge over the Gulf Of Mexico to Key West and play "Love Is Blindness" around 2:00 AM. The perfect setting for the perfect classic album closing song. And tying into the topic? SOE just needs to be better than SOI for me. If not, I'll be upset for a few seconds, and thank U2 for at least giving us a new album.
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

Great point. When I got Achtung Baby in 1991, I was among my only friends who loved it, but it probably took until the summer of 1992 before I put it above the Joshua Tree. I do remember arguing with old school U2 fans that it was a masterpiece accomplishment. By the time I saw Zoo TV live, in Miami in Oct 1992, I was telling people Prince only had 7 albums better than Achtung Baby! Yes, another Prince reference...lol. One day, I am going to drive down the long bridge over the Gulf Of Mexico to Key West and play "Love Is Blindness" around 2:00 AM. The perfect setting for the perfect classic album closing song.
    Aahhh what would we do without your classic Price reference

Saying that Prince has 7 albums better than Achtung Baby is a crime though. Ban-deserving!

6. A post from AMP Visual Creative Agency on facebook:
    The lesser spotted Trabant. In Prague to see the new U2 album being printed. #SongsOfExperience
  7. Do not like prince at all.
  8. Oh you surely must think Raspberry Beret must have something to it? I am not a fan of Prince at all but i could not fail to see that song really has something.
  9. Try finding the Prince bootleg "The Pod" in Dublin. Bono shows up, sings "The Cross," and of course, forgets some lyrics. The show itself was poor for Prince, but just having Bono there made it better. U2 are much more consistent live than Prince was. Hoping the SOE tour does not ignore the entire Southeast like SOI did. Even though I am no SOI fan, I wanted to be at least one show.

10. you will find the song on this bootleg. last track. excellent.