1. mmhh... interesting... that could certainly be at least part of it.

---

Also let's say that someone shots you.
    Two scenarios:
    a) the bullet hits you, you get to ER, you get surgery and you spend a couple of weeks in critical condition, luckily the bullet didn't hit anything "serious", and in the end you survived

b) the bullet flies an inch away from your head.

In both scenarios you survived and you had a brush with the death. One was more scary than the other, though.
  2. I noticed it too. 2015 - 2017 has resulted in some serious changes in Bono's appearance. It looked to me that he'd lost weight, which I attributed to a good thing, but maybe it was medical related.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

mmhh... interesting... that could certainly be at least part of it.

---

Also let's say that someone shots you.
    Two scenarios:
    a) the bullet hits you, you get to ER, you get surgery and you spend a couple of weeks in critical condition, luckily the bullet didn't hit anything "serious", and in the end you survived

b) the bullet flies an inch away from your head.

In both scenarios you survived and you had a brush with the death. One was more scary than the other, though.
    Are you saying that Bono was shot?
  4. We would have known
  5. I don't think he's saying that--I think we'd have heard about it if he were--but I guess it's conceivable that he could have had some scare, like that airplane malfunction in 2014, that didn't leave a lasting physical effect, but caused him to reevaluate things.
  6. That's the thing, if they are not clear about it, fans will make all kind of theories. Bono can come forward with Oprah or Ellen or whatever.
  7. Or after the bike accident they discovered something else " injured"
  8. Whilst we don't know exactly what's going on I think we can safely say Bono has been a very brave man to go through whatever he has whilst keeping it private, considering the times we live in and how difficult it is for even minor celebrities to have a private life. I think the good thing is it sounds like it's in the past and he's healthy now, and wouldn't it be great if the experience inspired a classic u2 tune, not because of what it would mean to me and you but it would be the ultimate gift for a man like Bono who is so passionate about his music.
  9. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:[..]
    I don't think he's saying that--I think we'd have heard about it if he were--but I guess it's conceivable that he could have had some scare, like that airplane malfunction in 2014, that didn't leave a lasting physical effect, but caused him to reevaluate things.

Yep, something like that.
    (Still, it doesn't fit the "band won't go into details" bit)
  10. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:[..]
    I don't think he's saying that--I think we'd have heard about it if he were--but I guess it's conceivable that he could have had some scare, like that airplane malfunction in 2014, that didn't leave a lasting physical effect, but caused him to reevaluate things.
    Nice, July 14th 2016, maybe.
  11. "The Mystery about Bono" could be a good series (Netflix exclusive)