1. Reading the Whole interview it made me think that probably Bono had been through some serious health problems and he wrote songs as a testament.
    Edge doesn't go deep in that but that makes me think
  2. Exactly. It will all be just an anecdote.
    But even if they directly ask him: Are you going to play Pop songs the next tour? he will still respond with vague answers like "We'll see, we have to figure out the place of some songs in the tour, bla bla"
    They all have an honorary degree in evading questions.
  3. about the health issues... in "stalker" mode, could we create a timeline of last year to see when they started talking about TJT30 tour, or if/when there was a shift in mood or something?
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:about the health issues... in "stalker" mode, could we create a timeline of last year to see when they started talking about TJT30 tour, or if/when there was a shift in mood or something?
    Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I did watch the Zane Lowe interview again the other day, and compared to right now, Bono was much more thin and his voice was pretty raspy. I wonder if something was happening at that point.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:about the health issues... in "stalker" mode, could we create a timeline of last year to see when they started talking about TJT30 tour, or if/when there was a shift in mood or something?
    From the interview I get the impression that "Bono's brush with mortality" was metaphorical, like Bono only wondered out loud what would be if he died soon and start writing from that perspective.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I did watch the Zane Lowe interview again the other day, and compared to right now, Bono was much more thin and his voice was pretty raspy. I wonder if something was happening at that point.
    What, in July? After the London shows?
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    From the interview I get the impression that "Bono's brush with mortality" was metaphorical, like Bono only wondered out loud what would be if he died soon and start writing from that perspective.
    But if that was the case (and maybe it was), the "band won't go into details" bit doesn't make much sense.

And the Zane Lowe interview was not last year...
  8. Sounds scary, hopefully it was just a one time thing like a heart attack or something (not that that isn't scary) and not a serious illness,

Otherwise, in 2016 we saw a lot of (rock, pop) stars die, so that could also be linked to this situation.

9. Right, this is the part that confused me.
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I don't know. He aged a lot in 2016 imo.
  11. I bet kinda cancer or what