1. What falsetto? If you look at the recent performances of Achtung Baby songs there isn't really any falsetto parts, the ones that haven't been performed don't feature falsetto parts. If anything Bono has proved in recent years that it can easily be done admittedly not to the standard of zoo tv but more than decent.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What falsetto? If you look at the recent performances of Achtung Baby songs there isn't really any falsetto parts, the ones that haven't been performed don't feature falsetto parts. If anything Bono has proved in recent years that it can easily be done admittedly not to the standard of zoo tv but more than decent.
    He hardly does the without or without you falsetto part to the standard it was a few years ago. He looses breath
  3. I Went off topic anyway!
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What falsetto? If you look at the recent performances of Achtung Baby songs there isn't really any falsetto parts, the ones that haven't been performed don't feature falsetto parts. If anything Bono has proved in recent years that it can easily be done admittedly not to the standard of zoo tv but more than decent.
    Ultraviolet"
    "So Cruel
    The Fly
    Mysterious ways, you take me higher part
    One, at the end of song
    Tryin to throw your arms around the world

So Most of the album..
  5. Not quite perfect.... Perfect last album title is, of course, Man.
  6. Bono needs more Guinness!
  7. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Ultraviolet"
    "So Cruel
    The Fly
    Mysterious ways, you take me higher part
    One, at the end of song
    Tryin to throw your arms around the world

So Most of the album..
    I wouldn't really say there's falsetto in all they songs, oohs would become oh's or ah's and the part you've mentioned in mysterious ways is actually EBTTRT and he's found a way to sing that modern day that works. at the end of one I think he'll still be able to do the ooh's but if not they could be easily changed . Ultraviolet wouldn't be a problem, so cruel would be a case of oh's instead of ooh's for the chorus bit. The fly is easy to sing and Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World is easy to sing.
  8. Assuming a lot of the songs on SOE are from the sessions when they were also writing SOI, I don't see any reason they'd knowingly put the best songs on the first album in the set. Whether it's a conceptual thing or not, I think by nature SOE will either be as good or better than SOI. The production wouldn't have been the same between the albums, otherwise SOE would've been done already. Should be interesting.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wouldn't really say there's falsetto in all they songs, oohs would become oh's or ah's and the part you've mentioned in mysterious ways is actually EBTTRT and he's found a way to sing that modern day that works. at the end of one I think he'll still be able to do the ooh's but if not they could be easily changed . Ultraviolet wouldn't be a problem, so cruel would be a case of oh's instead of ooh's for the chorus bit. The fly is easy to sing and Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World is easy to sing.
    Lol, my mistake on EBTTRT.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Assuming a lot of the songs on SOE are from the sessions when they were also writing SOI, I don't see any reason they'd knowingly put the best songs on the first album in the set. Whether it's a conceptual thing or not, I think by nature SOE will either be as good or better than SOI. The production wouldn't have been the same between the albums, otherwise SOE would've been done already. Should be interesting.
    Didn't the record like 50 songs when they were doing NLOTH?. I swear I read that somewhere.