1. could we get another stadium tour?
  2. Well said, I hope SOE is not overproduced like SOI was, for me that ruined the whole album,
    I think even Bono said that himself. So I'm hoping for a more raw sounding album. As for another Stadium tour, well maybe they might tour SOA?

Off topic alittle but what do you guys think about the album names SOI,SOE,SOA. Do you think this is the final work of U2 trio album (so like the 3 albums make the set) to me it seems plausible and a well thought of way to go retire? I hope I'm wrong on the retire part but it seems artistic and I don't see Bono as the Mick Jagger type to Tour into's his 70's. I see him settling down with his wife so he can spend quality time with her. As well with the other members having family.
    Originally posted by deanallison:I've got a good feeling I'm really going to love this album. I don't think it will be any Achtung Baby but I think they'll have these big tunes that just hit you. City of blinding Lights is my favourite u2 song since ATYCLB and I think there going to be a few songs similar to that type. Probably won't please everyone but at this stage of there career I'm happy for them to write songs that are pleasing on the ear. I think if they tried another Achtung Baby it wouldn't work however I do hope for some of the heavier guitar elements in at least a handful of tunes. I think SOI was great but I'm hoping it was just the warm up to SOE.
  3. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:Well said, I hope SOE is not overproduced like SOI was, for me that ruined the whole album,
    I think even Bono said that himself. So I'm hoping for a more raw sounding album. As for another Stadium tour, well maybe they might tour SOA?

Off topic alittle but what do you guys think about the album names SOI,SOE,SOA. Do you think this is the final work of U2 trio album (so like the 3 albums make the set) to me it seems plausible and a well thought of way to go retire? I hope I'm wrong on the retire part but it seems artistic and I don't see Bono as the Mick Jagger type to Tour into's his 70's. I see him settling down with his wife so he can spend quality time with her. As well with the other members having family. [..]
    I think SOA could be either the last or second to last album. I think a trilogy like that might deserve something to follow it, plus the 50th anniversary is 2026 so that would be the year to wrap things up with an album and short tour. The way I think it goes is SOE album December 2017 tour 2018, Achtung Baby tour 2021, SOA album 2022 tour 2022/23 (maybe), then final album and tour in 2026. But that's just a prediction and u2 must be one of the hardest bands to predict so I wouldn't be putting money on it.
  4. You're fantasizing Too much
    Let's take it step by step...
  5. Haha true buts it's good to sometimes just predict what will happen
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think SOA could be either the last or second to last album. I think a trilogy like that might deserve something to follow it, plus the 50th anniversary is 2026 so that would be the year to wrap things up with an album and short tour. The way I think it goes is SOE album December 2017 tour 2018, Achtung Baby tour 2021, SOA album 2022 tour 2022/23 (maybe), then final album and tour in 2026. But that's just a prediction and u2 must be one of the hardest bands to predict so I wouldn't be putting money on it.
    There won't be anymore anniversary tours....i loved watching this one online, and can't wait for a DVD realise if there's one but.... please GOD noooo more album tours.
    Plus Bono couldn't pull off Achtung Baby at that age (in my opinion)
  7. I want Songs of Ascent so bad. It would be a perfect name for a final album if it came to that.
  8. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    There won't be anymore anniversary tours....i loved watching this one online, and can't wait for a DVD realise if there's one but.... please GOD noooo more album tours.
    Plus Bono couldn't pull off Achtung Baby at that age (in my opinion)
    I'd argue Achtung Baby is easier to pull of than Joshua tree vocally at least. It's probably more difficult musically but nothing they haven't done before or couldn't achieve. As I've probably repeated several times it would only be a gap fill between albums anyway so the alternative would be the equivalent of u2 2016.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'd argue Achtung Baby is easier to pull of than Joshua tree vocally at least. It's probably more difficult musically but nothing they haven't done before or couldn't achieve. As I've probably repeated several times it would only be a gap fill between albums anyway so the alternative would be the equivalent of u2 2016.
    Bono would be 61 in 2021, Achtung Baby would be to hard for him, with all the falsetto
  10. Tell me...tell me the story...
    The one about eternity...
    And the way it's all gonna be