1. Perhaps its his favorite song ??

2. Hahaha! That's only on my avatar cause TUF is my favorite ALBUM, as in the music from first song to last. As much as I adore it's cover, I feel as if it doesn't fit the music, sadly.

Then again, War and JT, I feel, should be my # 1 favorite cover, with TUF cover at #3.
  3. Oh, right....this was all about the covers.

How could I forget!? I chose R&H as the best cover but I'd rank it only at #5 in terms of its music.
  4. That's cool. Having Bono and Edge as your cover is cooler than cool. Though, sadly, it's not even on my top 5 favorite U2 albums in terms of the album. I really like it ALOT since it has live tracks and awesome songs, but in terms of it's flow it doesn't do it for me.

My favorite 80's U2 album covers ranking:

1 - The Joshua Tree
    2 - War
    3 - The Unforgettable Fire
    4 - Rattle And Hum
    5 - Boy
    6 - October
  5. For me:
    R&H
    JT
    War
    UF
    Boy

Oct (what the hell is that?)
  6. Now that I think about it, I think my avatar would make a much better cover for TUF than the original IMO. The band in front, with the wide background of ambient, spread out space, thereby fitting the more "atmospheric" nature of TUF. Again, IMO.
  7. Originally posted by PageU2:Now that I think about it, I think my avatar would make a much better cover for TUF than the original IMO. The band in front, with the wide background of ambient, spread out space, thereby fitting the more "atmospheric" nature of TUF. Again, IMO.

Your opinion is mine, too.
  8. I guess the only argument against using this particular cover in the first place is that it would have taken away from the originality of the cover of The Joshua Tree way back in 1987 as they are both quite similar.
  9. Honestly, all their studio pre-Zoo photos are pretty similar, specially those between '84 and '88. A (too) serious band against amazing natural backgrounds, and many times in B/W. I know I'm not bringing up anything new as Bono himself has said that plently of times but it's really relevant to this topic. And that's why The Joshua Tree cover (jus tthe cover, nothing to do with the album obviously) never actually caught my attention - they have plenty of better covers from that same decade.