1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

It is indeed! And please share some more suggestions if you can think of them We definitely need them in these quiet U2 times.

So happy my idea is on the U2Start front page! Thank you!!!!!

Stay is one of my top 5 U2 songs and the fact that it can sound so different depending on which version you listen to is one of the reasons. I've just been listening to 1993-08-12 (Wembley) which is a full band version and I love it.

My favourite still remains the acoustic version though.
  2. I'm going to listen to them all right now, including the soundtrack version not listed here, Nick

See if I made the right choice, I believe I did, but...

EDIT: Craig Armstrong still the winner for me But what a fantastic song overall, I'd be happy with either full band or acoustic if I was at a show
  3. For me the studio version is perfection. I love the live versions too but to me they're almost a different song. Nothing will ever top the studio cut for me.
  4. I got stuck between the acoustic version and the studio version. I chose the acoustic version, but it took me literally 5 minutes to decide.

The acousic version for the pure reason that it is so stripped down that it is beautifully haunting and rarely sung so well by Bono. The version on 360 Tour in Mexico was the best for me. When it comes to the end for the "STAAAAAYYY" and the "oh, oh, OHHHH, oh, oh, oh...", the crowd are stunning.

Just listen to it, pure beauty.

The studio version is absoutely magnificent too. Bono's vocals are great and so the guitar in the verse and chorus. Got to love the background sounds as well, which are much more noticeable when you listen to the vinyl version of it. I have the vinyl single and it sounds amazing. Bono's "STAAAYYYY" at the end in the studio version is breathtaking too.

Although generally, this song has one of the finest lyrics ever by U2.
  5. Truth, Kieran, I have always thought the crowd carrying on the end of Stay with the "oh oh ohhh"s even as Bono sings the last verse, is just heartbreaking.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Truth, Kieran, I have always thought the crowd carrying on the end of Stay with the "oh oh ohhh"s even as Bono sings the last verse, is just heartbreaking.

that

and
    Originally posted by KieranU2Although generally, this song has one of the finest lyrics ever by U2.
    that

are 2 of the best things that have got posted in this thread.