1. And, what do we think of the upcoming new album? Fever was released several weeks ago and yesterday, they released Turn Blue (titletrack).

I like Fever, although it is a bit softer and less bluesy. Turn Blue needs a few more listens.

2. Seems I'm the only one.. the Lonely Key
  3. Seems I'm the only one.. the Lonely Key
  4. As in you're the only one who likes it or hates it?
  5. We were speaking about it on the Music in 2014 thread, I didn't remember they had a topic. Let's continue here.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Here's the thing:

The Black Keys are so popular now that anything they do will be picked up by mainstream radio. Fact.

The Black Keys are releasing music that sounds like their old stuff. It doesn't sound EXACTLY like it, because they've sort of "grown out of the garage".

If U2 put out an album that "sounded like Boy," it still wouldn't "sound like Boy" because the way they record and just the way those men play music has evolved.

I'm giving TBK a little more credit on this one. We'll see what the album has in store, but this is definitely a step in a decent direction.

Does that mean I'm not sick of the band? No. They're still pretty overblown. But I don't think what they're releasing is bad music. At all.

end rant

Indeed, they're pure gold for the industry now. Those who dig rock like them for their past work, and those who dig pop can adore them due to their poppier sound, so they basically can do whatever they want and it will still be a success I think. If only they improved a bit their live shows...
  7. Got my dad onto these guys now. He's walking around the house singing Your Touch

8. And I didn't know it was discussed there lol.

And Kieran: in the way I'm the only one who likes them/is interested in them.
  9. I am still loving the melody and vocals from Dan in Turn Blue. Have not heard Fever on my own since I first heard it though (unless it appears on the radio).
  10. I'm listening to it now, a few minutes in and I LIKE IT. Definitely going to be on rotation for a while for me
  11. first three songs are so good, still not that into Fever which is track 4.