1. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:I love this idea, but since I'm not rich and I want to see U2 playing in Dublin, I'd say to everybody here: "let's meet next time U2 play in Dublin"

+1
  2. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:I think this is a terrific idea but I'd be interested to know what the organisers envisage happening for this reunion. Will it be like a fan convention, a party, a loosely organised drunken orgy? Have the organisers run events before?

good questions
  3. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:I love this idea, but since I'm not rich and I want to see U2 playing in Dublin, I'd say to everybody here: "let's meet next time U2 play in Dublin"

I can't wait until that happens.
  4. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:I think this is a terrific idea but I'd be interested to know what the organisers envisage happening for this reunion. Will it be like a fan convention, a party, a loosely organised drunken orgy? Have the organisers run events before?

Not a convention, We will have a show, or maybe 2 shows by a U2 tribute band and a chance to meetup with people we've all met along the wasy on this icncredible journey that is the U2 touring world

Right now i;m gathering info and will be working out detials with some people who have organize events like this before.

Once we have the venue, date and band set, I can give more details as far as the cost for the show, special rates agreed at a hotel etc.

Please realize again. The difference with us doing this as a private event, we get to pick the setlist!!! It;s the closest you will ever get to hearing some of the songs you fondly remeber being played (11 O clock tick tock ) or have always dreamed they would play (Acrobat, Lady With the Spinning Head etc )

I will keep you all posted on the progress. We can make this happen but I need the support of all of you at some point to help make this an amazing event
  5. Ah 11 O'clock Tick Tock...........
  6. Dublin sounds nice to me, even tho some members of the German forum will do a kind of "End of Tour"-meet up there at the beginning of September this year.
    ...I'd like to take a group pic in front of the Croke or Aviva (or any U2-related place) where we hold up signs saying "Where's the conert?". That is because rumours said they might end the tour in Dublin (for those of you who didnt know)