1. FOB is such a great throwback show.

They perform well enough.
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Go to Gov's Ball, too. Best fest lineup in the country at the moment. You'll see The Strokes' only show of the year, more than likely.

Also, Outkast and Jack White. Don't skip it.

The Strokes aren't worth it live from what I've heard. I'd still love seeing them, they have one hell of a bunch of terrific songs.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:I was at Fall Out Boy last night, good but not brilliant. Miles Kane the night before that, he was great - put on a riotous show.

Seeing Franz Ferdinand on Tuesday at the Barrowlands. I'm super excited for that.

Miles Kane is superb. Franz Ferdinad are even better. Lucky you!!
  4. Not very energetic, but get yourself in the right crowd and The Strokes are unstoppable live. Such an intense show.

5. I guess you're right. The crowd, as well as the sound, can make you eat up a Ke$ha show or detest a U2 concert - regardless the band performance.
  6. I wanted to see Fall Out Boy for ages, since 'Take This To Your Grave' but never did. They performed well enough but it was an arena show so there was so many cheap tricks to grab the audience. I would prefer to see them in a more intimate venue. They did last August but I missed the chance for tickets.

I had the chance to see The Strokes once and I never took it. I seen Beyonce instead. I don't know how I feel about that still to this day. On the topic of Ke$ha, I seen her on the same day and she was very suggestive. Put on a good show but something tells me she really wanted her hole that day.
  7. The last sentence of that post is phenomenal.

Yeah I was lucky enough to grab a ticket to a FOB club show and it was a lot of fun. Glad I waited until I was of drinking age to see them - few brews before the show made it even more fun haha

Also you're not supposed to drink before you're of appropriate age, so there's that

#RIPbob
  8. Just returned from a Broken Bells concert in London. Was completely mind-blown: one of my best gigs ever, and I've seen Zoo TV, Pink Floyd, Lou Reed, Oasis etc.

They're from another planet: show, songs, performance, public... lots of young people in the audience too.
  9. Really? SO good?
  10. Yes, I dare say... fantastic songs, immense performance (James Mercier can definitely sing, and they all can definitely play). BUT: it isn't rock n roll, so it was perhaps misleading to compare to Zoo TV, Popmart etc. ... [Zoo TV probably remains the most impressive rock show I've ever seen] Still, was I mind blown... show was up there with the very best. First row too, so very close to both James Mercier and Danger Mouse (who's as cool as he looks). Almost felt tempted to go backstage and ask what was going on with the U2 album... but I thought it'd have been offensive at a BB concert!
  11. hahaha it would have been a great thing to report back here though!! So glad you enjoyed it so much!