1. Originally posted by EDDMB:Sirius played the Cincinnati gig yesterday . Very solid show . I love the opening Pendulum > Nothingman > Of The Girl..I could do wothout the filler tunes though..Got Some LBC Comatose Setting Forth..IMO UK should be on the main set , nowhere near the encores.

EV pays a nice tribute to Pete Rose during the encore..he dedicates Man of the Hour to him. Classy move IMO .

I agree but in Detroit (and trust me I couldnt believe it) Got Some and Comatose brought the house down!! Comatose had the whole crowd going crazy! I was thinking since when did Comatose become a sing along!
  2. Happy birthday PJ, 24 years ago first gig as Mookie Blaylock on this date
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

I agree but in Detroit (and trust me I couldnt believe it) Got Some and Comatose brought the house down!! Comatose had the whole crowd going crazy! I was thinking since when did Comatose become a sing along!

Thinking back to Buffalo (where both Comatose and Got Some were played, too), Comatose was a bit of a clunker but the crowd went wild for Got Some.

Maybe Got Some isn't the type of song that crosses over to U2 fans!
  4. ACL 1 (Oct 21):
    Cincinnati (Oct 28): Matt
    St. Lois (Nov 4): Jason (jasvan)
    Tulsa (Nov 4):
    Lincoln (Nov 11):
    ACL 2 (Nov 11):
    Memphis (Nov 18):
    Detroit (Nov 18): Nick
    Moline (Nov 25): Nick
    St. Paul (Nov 25):
    Milwaukee (Nov 28): Ed
    Denver (Nov 28):

I'm waiting to see what they play tonight before I choose another one or two. Ron said he'd get one or two, as well.

Oh wait, Dave said he'd get a show....I have to go back and recall which one!
  5. I'll get Denver and something else.
  6. Tonight's show in Denver should be a good one.
  7. I listened to No Code and Yield studio albums today and they sounded so unbelievably fresh. Remasters of these albums will only improve it. Some brilliant songs on that duo.
  8. Both are great. I always liked Yield but have to admit it took me a long time to fully appreciate No Code. Sure, In My Tree, Hail Hail, and Sometimes were always classics in my mind but the rest didn't resonate with me until recently. I now consider songs like Off He Goes and Present Tense to be some of their best work.
  9. ...keep in mind when I discuss PJ songs, I am usually considering the live versions of the songs and not the studio ones...I only listen to bootlegs but really should go back and listen to the studio albums in the near future.
  10. ACL 1 (Oct 21):
    Cincinnati (Oct 28): Matt
    St. Lois (Nov 4): Jason (jasvan)
    Tulsa (Nov 4):
    Lincoln (Nov 11): Dave (thehappymundays)
    ACL 2 (Nov 11):
    Memphis (Nov 18):
    Detroit (Nov 18): Nick
    Moline (Nov 25): Nick
    St. Paul (Nov 25):
    Milwaukee (Nov 28): Ed
    Denver (Nov 28):
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:Both are great. I always liked Yield but have to admit it took me a long time to fully appreciate No Code. Sure, In My Tree, Hail Hail, and Sometimes were always classics in my mind but the rest didn't resonate with me until recently. I now consider songs like Off He Goes and Present Tense to be some of their best work.

Off he Goes really got me over the last couple of years. It's amazing how some songs grow on you so far down the line.
  12. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

Off he Goes really got me over the last couple of years. It's amazing how some songs grow on you so far down the line.

I just think it has way more emotion live when compare to the studio version. The Toronto 1, 2011 version is a prime example.