1. This is outrageously immense stuff from the most unpredictable live band ever.
  2. Just awesome. "Red Dot " played over PA as walk on music and "hummus" as walk off music to bookend a concert where Yield is played front to back.
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Just awesome. "Red Dot " played over PA as walk on music and "hummus" as walk off music to bookend a concert where Yield is played front to back.

That's quite interesting. I'm sure a few fans knew it was (the entire Yield album) was coming.

I'm curious if the segments of these two sets (No Code and Yield) will be included on any deluxe release - or if we'll get something from 1996/1998 tours.

I hope it's the latter as the Moline and Milwaukee boots will be available - soon!
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

That's quite interesting. I'm sure a few fans knew it was (the entire Yield album) was coming.

I'm curious if the segments of these two sets (No Code and Yield) will be included on any deluxe release - or if we'll get something from 1996/1998 tours.

I hope it's the latter as the Moline and Milwaukee boots will be available - soon!

I wouldn't mind just the album sections live on a vinyl for the deluxe releases.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

Fantastic stuff , but I really hope the live material (if there is any) comes from those respective tours , ie 1996 and 1998 . MSG 09.11.98 and Randalls '96..just because I was there
  6. Madison Square Garden
    NY, NY
    Fri 11 September, 1998
    SET 1
    Release
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Even Flow
    Given To Fly
    Corduroy
    MFC
    Habit
    Faithfull
    Beginning to See The Light
    W.M.A.
    Daughter
    Wishlist
    Nothingman
    Immortality
    Rearviewmirror
    Brain Of J.
    Black
    Do The Evolution
    ENCORE 1
    Breath
    State Of Love And Trust
    Off He Goes
    Leatherman
    Save it for Later
    Better Man
    Mankind
    Baba O'Riley

ENCORE 2
    Indifference
    Alive

Amazing night..possibly my favorite PJ gig that I was at..possibly.
  7. I didn't realize that you were a vinyl aficionado - I sometimes forget that many PJ fans love the classic ways of listening to music. For this reason, I can understand why many would want these on the deluxe edition. Not being a "record player" myself, I don't have much use for analog versions of the shows and would prefer some new 1990's shows.

I suppose we could get greedy and ask for both!
  8. DOWNING STADIUM, RANDALL'S ISLAND
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK
    Sun 29 September, 1996
    SET 1
    Sometimes
    Go
    Spin The Black Circle
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Tremor Christ
    Who You Are
    Corduroy
    Lukin
    Better Man
    Not For You
    Jeremy
    Once
    Rats
    Last Exit
    Habit
    Rearviewmirror
    Immortality
    Whipping
    I Got Id
    Black
    Alive
    Porch
    ENCORE 1
    In My Tree
    Even Flow
    The Real Me
    Another Brick In The Wall
    W.M.A.
    Daughter
    Mankind
    Long Road
    Leaving Here

ENCORE 2
    Off He Goes
    Present Tense
    Yellow Ledbetter

The show that got me "back into PJ part 1"
  9. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]

Fantastic stuff , but I really hope the live material (if there is any) comes from those respective tours , ie 1996 and 1998 . MSG 09.11.98 and Randalls '96..just because I was there

I envy a lot of people (well, not really, just longtime PJ fans who attended some of these classic shows) and you are one of them, Ed. I look at the setlists to these shows (especially Randall's Island 2) and am in awe of what they played. They really didn't write any clunkers in the 90's, did they?

Unfortunately, a 1996 show might not be as representative of No Code and[/i] Yield so we might get "stuck with" another 1998 show - which would be great, of course.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I envy a lot of people (well, not really, just longtime PJ fans who attended some of these classic shows) and you are one of them, Ed. I look at the setlists to these shows (especially Randall's Island 2) and am in awe of what they played. They really didn't write any clunkers in the 90's, did they?

Unfortunately, a 1996 show might not be as representative of No Code and[/i] Yield so we might get "stuck with" another 1998 show - which would be great, of course.

1996 No Code tour
    Dublin The Point
    Those were the days
  11. It's funny because don't get me wrong, I love the early shows mainly because of the setlists but I really feel the band as a whole sounds better now more than ever.