1. ^
    Ed's open letter response.
  2. Wow...I can't believe the publicity this thing is getting...admittedly, maybe it just because I'm just paying attention but, in any event, this is very interesting.
  3. Also, I wish I was able to write something like EV just did. Too often I try to get words out about something at work or in a general conversation and feel that my thoughts are too jumbled and/or misdirected.

I guess that's what happens when you choose Math over English.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:Also, I wish I was able to write something like EV just did. Too often I try to get words out about something at work or in a general conversation and feel that my thoughts are too jumbled and/or misdirected.

I guess that's what happens when you choose Math over English.

I agree. It makes sense I guess... I could never write lyrics to a song. Forget it. He's amazing at that as well. His lyrics hit me harder as I get older...
  5. I simply take the time to listen to (and read into) the lyrics as I get older.

Admittedly, I was all about the sound coming from the instruments and the bellow of EV's voice in the earlier days and didn't look for too much meaning in what he was actually saying.

I always hoped "Not For You" wasn't written for a guy like me....
  6. Here's something I recently realized as well: Very few of PJ's songs/lyrics (at least their best ones) seem to have any sort of rhyming pattern. Sure, a song like "Wishlist" does (maybe too much so!) but this seems to be more of an exception to the rule than the norm.
  7. That's the exact response I was expecting – an educated and literate retort to something that has been aimlessly blown out of proportion. Well said, big man.
  8. Hero
  9. I'm quite glad I got 'All Or None' twice, it's quite a beautiful little song. Some great guitar work in it. Been loving the Benaroya version a lot recently.
  10. I didn't realize that you got that one twice - very cool seeing that it has only been played...let me look it up...13 times according to Livefootsteps.

The Benaroya Hall discs are fantastic. I just "discovered" them a few years ago - I knew they existed but they had a lot of deeper cuts that I wasn't that interested until recently. Now I love a lot, if not all, of those songs.
  11. I didn't realise it was played so infrequently. I wasn't massively familiar with it in Amsterdam but was delighted to hear it in Leeds.

I've had a few rarities, which are lovely to hear. Got the only performance to date of 'Hitchhiker' but that isn't a bragging right. Seen one of the six performances of 'Fatal'.

I love the stripped down feeling to Benaroya while listening to quite a few rarities at the same time.