1. Originally posted by popmartsarajevo:I want my band to go up there,just have a guitar that s not flashy,and a bare drum set then sing Angel of Harlem,no matter what the audience wants,wouldn't that be nice ?

Yes, it would be very nice. Not to open the show by any means, but yes. Less flash would be a nice change. I could do without them constantly trying to one-up themselves; its tiring.
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Doesn't necessarily have to open. In fact, if they f*ck up the opening song and use that piece of garbage, I'll hang my head in shame. They know better than to do that.

+1

I fucking hate that syrupy piece of shit song.
  3. Hopeful Setlist (with some practical)

Mofo
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Ultraviolet
    No Line On The Horizon
    Please
    Beuatiful Day
    Running To Stand Still (zoo TV style)
    Staring At The Sun (Acoustic)
    Stay (Full Band)
    I Will Follow
    Mysterious Ways
    disco
    Desire Full Band
    Moment Of Surrender
    Mercy

One
    With or Without You
    Love Is Blindness
    Vertigo
  4. That setlist looks absolutely random.

Please, any crew member could close this topic and let all Glasto continue over the Survival thread? Im at my phone and can´t do it from here. Thx
  5. Originally posted by grietim:Hopeful Setlist (with some practical)

Mofo
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Ultraviolet
    No Line On The Horizon
    Please
    Beuatiful Day
    Running To Stand Still (zoo TV style)
    Staring At The Sun (Acoustic)
    Stay (Full Band)
    I Will Follow
    Mysterious Ways
    disco
    Desire Full Band
    Moment Of Surrender
    Mercy

One
    With or Without You
    Love Is Blindness
    Vertigo

WTF are you on, no way in hell

6. They'll lose the crowd immediately if they play that song (Glastonbury). That not what ANY band wants to do.
  7. The next leg should give us an indication of songs that will be included
  8. ok this is the first time i've ever managed to do this and it took me ages but it was the best i could come up with. it's part realism with a little bit of wishful thinking thrown in. i've gone for the come out fighting/blow you away first 5 songs and i think it flows reasonably well... its possibly one song too long and i realised when i'd finished that i hadn't included anything from NLOTH which maybe is not such a bad thing but probably pretty unrealistic (cos unfortunately we all know they're prob gona play boots which would be a mistake for this crowd)

anyway let me know what you think!

1. zoo station (with zootv style intro)
    2. i will follow
    3. the fly
    4. mofo
    5. vertigo
    6. beautiful day
    7. ISHFWILF/stand by me
    8. UTEOTW
    9. new years day
    10. out of control
    11. pride
    12. stay
    13. miss sarajevo
    14. zooropa
    15. gone
    16. SBS
    17. BTBS
    18. running to stand still (zootv version)
    19. streets
    20. one
    21. bad
    22. MW
    23. discotheque (popmart version feat laser suit) velvet dress snippet leading into....
    24. Ultraviolet
    25. WOWY
    26. love is blindness/cant help falling in love

9. Originally posted by LikeASong:That setlist looks absolutely random.

Please, any crew member could close this topic and let all Glasto continue over the Survival thread? Im at my phone and can´t do it from here. Thx

That is why I said "Hopeful Setlist". Didn't know we were coming up with official setlists here. Sorry to let you down.
  10. Originally posted by ric:ok this is the first time i've ever managed to do this and it took me ages but it was the best i could come up with. it's part realism with a little bit of wishful thinking thrown in. i've gone for the come out fighting/blow you away first 5 songs and i think it flows reasonably well... its possibly one song too long and i realised when i'd finished that i hadn't included anything from NLOTH which maybe is not such a bad thing but probably pretty unrealistic (cos unfortunately we all know they're prob gona play boots which would be a mistake for this crowd)

2. i will follow
    3. the fly
    4. mofo
    5. vertigo
    6. beautiful day
    7. ISHFWILF/stand by me
    8. UTEOTW
    9. new years day
    10. out of control
    11. pride
    12. stay
    13. miss sarajevo
    14. zooropa
    15. gone
    16. SBS
    17. BTBS
    19. streets
    20. one
    21. bad
    22. MW
    23. discotheque (popmart version feat laser suit) velvet dress snippet leading into....
    24. Ultraviolet
    25. WOWY

It's a great setlist - I would love to see something like this...I could see them simply ending wth WOWY - or, as I have a;ready stated, 40 or AIWIY. They should play sometihng from R&H (but not WLCTT).
  11. Originally posted by ric:ok this is the first time i've ever managed to do this and it took me ages but it was the best i could come up with. it's part realism with a little bit of wishful thinking thrown in. i've gone for the come out fighting/blow you away first 5 songs and i think it flows reasonably well... its possibly one song too long and i realised when i'd finished that i hadn't included anything from NLOTH which maybe is not such a bad thing but probably pretty unrealistic (cos unfortunately we all know they're prob gona play boots which would be a mistake for this crowd)

2. i will follow
    3. the fly
    4. mofo
    5. vertigo
    6. beautiful day
    7. ISHFWILF/stand by me
    8. UTEOTW
    9. new years day
    10. out of control
    11. pride
    12. stay
    13. miss sarajevo
    14. zooropa
    15. gone
    16. SBS
    17. BTBS
    19. streets
    20. one
    21. bad
    22. MW
    24. Ultraviolet
    25. WOWY

Looks great, but can't see it having a chance in hell of happening I'm afraid lol.
  12. For me It has to start with zoo station,then beautiful day,Hey U2 is the major band of the universe since 1976 for any fan,and Irish fans won't leave the band alone,of course crowd will be made up of fans.
    U2 s best start is zoo station for me,Then Beautiful day,Then maybe Until the end of the world.

What they have done for all those years,they have to get it together.