1. I hate the album, the songs, the image and the tour. A soft spot for Miracle Drug and the return of Running To Stand Still (not all that well performed though) are the only positives for me.
  2. I actually like One Step Closer

I'm also pretty attached to the image/tour/colors/logos/setlists...really EVERYTHING, since it was what dragged me into U2 fandom in the first place. Rattle and Hum really did it for me, but seeing they had a DVD in my home city was what drew me into virtually everything that wasn't on "The Joshua Tree". I absolutely loved the tour, despite Bono's voice at times.

Album is sort of crappy for me. Really can't stand All Because of You even though I shamefully admit its a tad catchy, and A Man and a Woman and Crumbs are completely in my opinion. Indifferent to Yahweh and LAPOE. Particularly enjoy COBL, Miracle Drug, and Original of the Species.
  3. I become a fan at the tail end of the vertigo tour so that image is my first of U2 aswell, which is probably why i have a soft spot for the album and i can really only name 3 things that let it down; the first being songs 6-9, and the second being the name, and the third being the sound mixing.
  4. Like ATYCLB... it's pretty darn good but parts of it "peter out". Starts out strong and then...

I'm just sayin', that for me... It would have been a more interesting album (to me) if they'd set aside a few songs, used other mixes of some and added in some of the left out material.

Vertigo (single mix) - Sharper guitars. And they should have left the "Native Son" bridge (or one similar)
    Miracle Drug
    Sometimes You Can't Make It...
    Love & Peace
    City of Blinding Lights
    All Because of You
    Smile (instead of Man and A Woman)
    Xanax and Wine (instead of Crumbs...)
    Mercy (original version) - (instead of One Step Closer)
    Original of the Species (Killahurtz Casa De Angeles mix) - (instead of album mix)
    Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    Yahweh

The list above is pretty much what I have as a HTDAAB playlist on my iPod. I haven't listened to the official version in years.
  5. I feel attached to it too, I was a long term fan already when HTDAAB came out, but my first show was 2005 Madrid, and it was in my birthday, and everything was just so magical that my soft spot for the Vertigo Tour is in fact a darn big soft spot... But being emotionally attached to something doesn't mean I blindly support it, does it?
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:I hate the album, the songs, the image and the tour. A soft spot for Miracle Drug and the return of Running To Stand Still (not all that well performed though) are the only positives for me.

you sound like yeah to me ahaha I know what you mean. For some reason I feel like Bono's hair puts me offf a lot more than it should
  7. I think it is their second best album, every song could be a single, to me, except One Step Closer, and Man and a Woman. My personal taste.
  8. Originally posted by hamman:I think it is their second best album, every song could be a single, to me, except One Step Closer, and Man and a Woman. My personal taste.

which is your first and third then? just curious to know which ones among Joshua, Achtung, Unforgettable, for example, are worst for you

9. Great! This is like a football match: we finished in an excellent second place, while the other team was penultimate!