1. If you're from the Prince camp, mind sharing any rumors about when he may tour the US again?
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3If you're from the Prince camp, mind sharing any rumors about when he may tour the US again?

I would rather beg somebody send me some Pop outtakes, since this is a Pop thread...but there was a rumor about Prince playing Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee, but it was false. There haven't been the usual amount of info flowing from those in the know. Other than recording mad amounts of music, Prince is hard to figure. His 2011 tour was poorly organized, and skipped huge markets like Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas...but played Columbia South Carolina, Raleigh, NC, Greenville NC...but did hit New York and LA for 20 plus shows. If Prince had U2's business sense, and if he had only released an album every 3 years with his best stuff, he would have an unmatched reputation. I think Prince is tons more talented than U2, but I'm jealous of U2's business sense, and consistent live shows. Prince can be legendary live, but U2 are great almost every show.

3. It's amazing that one of the early sleeves has the same design as the CD I posted the other day... Well, I think that just confirms that the "Poptakes" exist and the moron I'm dealing with has them. If he wants to charge me 25€ for the (probably fake) Madrid 2005 'soundboard', I don't want to imagine what his price for the Poptakes will be
  4. "Pop: unreleased tracks, mixes and outtakes"

Isn't that a bit redundant since the band never considered Pop to be a finished album in the first place?
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

It's amazing that one of the early sleeves has the same design as the CD I posted the other day... Well, I think that just confirms that the "Poptakes" exist and the moron I'm dealing with has them. If he wants to charge me 25€ for the (probably fake) Madrid 2005 'soundboard', I don't want to imagine what his price for the Poptakes will be

Any news about tracklist? Ask Him!
  6. Further research on those track names includes what some of them eventually morphed into- I know someone asked particularly about "Return of the Fly"...

Novelty Act
    MMFR / MFRR / MFFR (MOFO)
    Nose Job
    Untidy Life
    Religious
    Oedipussy (MOFO)
    Revenge...
    Mother (MOFO)
    Be There
    Drug
    Scott Walker (City of Blinding Lights)
    Suit Of Lights (Gone)
    Super City Mania (Miami)
    Something Happens
    I Love The Apple Mac
    The Return of The Fly (MOFO)
    Sparky's Left The Planet
    Hymn To Mr. Universe (The Playboy Mansion)
    If I Should Ever Lose Control
    In Cold Blood
    Cry Baby
    Indian Jam
    Sponge
    Landscape
    Big Girls Are Best* (U2-7 EP)
    Up

Now that I think about it, I can see the first 30 seconds of Mofo being The Fly's grand entrance onto the Pop album
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

It's amazing that one of the early sleeves has the same design as the CD I posted the other day... Well, I think that just confirms that the "Poptakes" exist and the moron I'm dealing with has them. If he wants to charge me 25€ for the (probably fake) Madrid 2005 'soundboard', I don't want to imagine what his price for the Poptakes will be

Maybe we can all chip in for it!
  8. I agree! :-)
  9. California = who's gonna ride! :-(

Pop demos, outtakes, Early versions.... Top Secret.!!!!

10. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Further research on those track names includes what some of them eventually morphed into- I know someone asked particularly about "Return of the Fly"...

Novelty Act
    MMFR / MFRR / MFFR (MOFO)
    Nose Job
    Untidy Life
    Religious
    Oedipussy (MOFO)
    Revenge...
    Mother (MOFO)
    Be There
    Drug
    Scott Walker (City of Blinding Lights)
    Suit Of Lights (Gone)
    Super City Mania (Miami)
    Something Happens
    I Love The Apple Mac
    The Return of The Fly (MOFO)
    Sparky's Left The Planet
    Hymn To Mr. Universe (The Playboy Mansion)
    If I Should Ever Lose Control
    In Cold Blood
    Cry Baby
    Indian Jam
    Sponge
    Landscape
    Big Girls Are Best* (U2-7 EP)
    Up

Now that I think about it, I can see the first 30 seconds of Mofo being The Fly's grand entrance onto the Pop album

Bump !

Any have a link with this ?
  11. They don't exist as something you can listen to Pato, at least not publically. Those are just names of tracks that were floating around at the time.