1. Never heard of any.
  2. Shame
  3. lost treasures...

maybe one day during a remaster/deluxe box? would Pop and ATYCLB get one? a la Achtung?
  4. Some people claim to have a couple of Pop demos/outtakes burnt onto a silver CD... Noticeably the guy I refer to in the 2005-08-11 - Madrid SBD thread, he's been claiming to have the POP Outtakes for a long time. Surely the guy has some collection of stuff, sometimes some valuable stuff (general overview here)... But I'm not sure the Pop Outtakes claims are true. This is the supposed CD:

5. I do wonder if Pop will get its own box set. They won't play stuff from it but they'll sure as hell try to flog us a box set!

As for that 1996 (?) CD, is there a clearer shot - and if so, where would he have got that from besides a private trade? I know there's a red vinyl acetate around with a song 'California' on it I saw going a long time ago. It looked fake to me though.
  6. I still have to ask him. The guy is asking me 25 bucks for a copy of the "supposed" Madrid Soundboard... moron.
  7. Well if you can get in touch with him, ask him what songs are on the CD. For all we know, it could be early and alternate versions, not 'actual' songs.
  8. In fact I AM in touch with him, it's just that the guy's a pain to deal with. Prepotent, self-conscious and selfish as hell. I'll try to get some info about the Pop outtakes.
  9. Hahaha, sounds like ye typical trader. Send him this list and ask him if it's any of these.

Be There '96
    Drug
    Hymn To The Universe
    I Love The Apple Mac
    If I Should Ever Lose Control
    Jesus Drove Me
    MMFR / Mother
    Nose Job
    Novelty Act
    Oedipussy
    Religious
    Revenge
    Return Of The Fly
    Scott Walker
    Something Happens
    Sparky's Left The Planet
    Squidgy
    Super City Mania / Mama
    Untidy Life
  10. Hello topic. If anyone does uncover anything that is audible, you know where I am

What is the story behind the early Discotheque take that I have? I haven't heard it for ages, I remember that the sound is poor but I can't say now whether it was a fake low encode of the studio version or an actual early take. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: The length of the track is considerably shorter than the album mix and the 'New Mix'
    EDIT 2: That's because it fades out the end, might be a fake then.
  11. Originally posted by theA 30-second sample of "Discothèque" was leaked to the Internet on 26 October 1996. By 27 December, the entire track had been leaked, after which U2 moved up the release date.
  12. I've in my hands an rare CD-R unmastered version of POP, recorded from original DAT Tapes in December 1996 in Los Angeles/USA. I bought this jewel from a former employee of the Capitol FM (UK). This particular item, if memory serves, was given for this guy from Capitol FM by a resident DJ in Los Angeles at the Libertine Bar on Sunset Boulevard several years ago whose friend produced it for the American market through Island Records, along with several other items. He promoted his album in the UK and so as payment he gave to him many rare advance items...

PS: The sound of this CD-R is great (loud and clear), you can listen some different noises from the original album and more: some track are longer than original CD (ex: 0:02 min)....but unfortunately, no outtakes here!

Follow the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75238088@N08/

But if anyone listen or share files from this guy from Spain, tell me, please! POP era is great!!