1. Originally posted by Risto:I agree, I am not entirely happy about the search results as well. We have some kind of an issue with the standard database search features that do not work that well. for our purposes.

About the other feature: that is possible. I will add it to our list

In which ways do you think the search does not work good enough? I did some changes a few weeks back and I am not sure those were an improvement.

I think a search just doesn't show/ find all matches.

Example: If I search for "Nottingham", all I get is 1 result (a topic where the show from 83 is requested) no matter if I search in titles only or in titles and messages. It doesn't show me the Bootleg request topic, though, where Remy requested the same show a few days ago.
  2. Hmm thought you meant the Quick Search on top of every page. That only searches in topic titles at the moment.

The other search should work searching in messages though. We will have a look at it.
  3. Cool, thanks.
  4. Fixed. There was a issue which prevented the search into the messages. So it was only searching in the titles no matter which mode you picked. Can you have a go to test it?

I might add searching into messages into the Quick Search if it doesnt slow it down to much.
  5. Originally posted by Risto:Fixed. There was a issue which prevented the search into the messages. So it was only searching in the titles no matter which mode you picked. Can you have a go to test it?

It searched into the messages before, I guess. A search for "Dirty" for example gave plenty of results without the mentioned word in the topic title.

Looks more complete now, though.
  6. It worked sometimes. To be specific it worked if there were more than 100 results. If the amount was less then it didnt retrieve the results. So searching on popular terms worked a lot better than on less popular search terms
  7. Fixed a bug in the Catalogue. For some languages the catalogue did not load. This should be fixed now!

If there are any issues please let us know!
  8. New feature for the Catalogue. A search field that searches in date and location. Very handy to see all shows in Amsterdam during the last three tours Or to find all broadcasts from France

EDIT:
    If there are any issues with the new functionality reload using Ctrl-R or Ctrl-F5 to clear browser cache.
  9. Minor update to the site, major update to the UBB-code system of the site. Using our own custom made parser we hope to make things easier for our members:

Code: [code]This is how you use the code tag[/code]

Gives

Code: This is how you use the code tag

Pre-tag:
    preformatted:
    Every breaking wave
    On the shore
    Tells the next one there’ll be one more

Every gambler knows
    That to lose
    Is what you’re really there for

Somewhere else, fearlessness
    Now I’m speaking to an answer phone
    Like every silent leaf
    On the breeze
    Winter wouldn’t leave it alone

Ay hey now
    Ay hey now

I don’t know if I’m that strong
    Don’t know if I’m that strong
    To be somebody
    To need someone

Every sailor knows that the sea
    Is a friend made enemy
    Every shipwrecked soul
    Knows what it is
    To live without intimacy
    I thought I heard the master’s voice
    It’s hard to listen while you preach

Like every broken wave
    On the shore
    This was as far as I can reach

Ay hey now
    Ay hey now

Don’t know if I’m that strong
    Got to be somebody
    To need someone

The waves know
    We’re on the rocks
    Drowning is no sin

You know
    That my heart
    Is the same place yours has been

We know
    The fear of winning
    So we end before we begin

The waves know
    We’re on the rocks
    Drowning is no sin

You know
    That my heart
    Is the same place yours has been

We know
    The fear of winning
    So we end before we begin

10. Some important improvements to the UBB system. Should be more reliable and better now. YouTube clips in quotes are automatically replaced with a link.

Also terrible ubb code like this:

Code: [img][pre][b][u]TEST

Can still be interpreted by the system as followes:

11. Lovely stuff Chris. Thanks.

About the next page for Active Topics. It should have been posted here..

12. Yes it should! It can be done, but there's a quicker solution for you posted in the other thread.