1. Bull Moose Records is a pretty respectable indie record chain, so that makes me wonder.

And from what I've heard, there is an unofficial pressing out there that sounds pretty decent. Besides... This release may make some of the gouge-hawks come down on price on original pressing.
  2. I just e-mailed Bull Moose to ask them...
  3. I asked my local recordstore if there is any info
  4. Also in Dutchland a week ago
    https://www.bol.com/nl/p/how-to-dismantle-an-atomic-bomb/1000004007354259/?suggestionType=browse
  5. Why not reissue on 180gr vinyl double lp?
  6. Now lets hope they will repress ATYCLB
  7. How exactly do you guys mean this is an "unofficial" reissue? Just because it's not coming from U2?

That's not exactly an "unofficial" pressing, as this would have been authorized by the label, who is probably taking a commission on every record sold by whoever's pressing the new reissue.

Whether or not it's of any less quality or value strictly depends on the quality control of the pressing and packaging. It is an official pressing.

Unofficials are unauthorized / bootlegged / not pressed from original source materials / etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read the thread and it looks like all the unofficial talk was about the release on colored wax last year. My bad!

I still think this is an official pressing, and the reason you're not seeing anything huge about it from U2 is that they probably don't even know or care that it's happening. It's not entirely up to them when their records are repressed and re-released, depending on their label contract. Island might make a commission, but its not their product to sell this time around. No sense wasting money promoting it.
  8. unofficial means to me that there is no announcement from the band that there will be a reissue.
  9. Unofficial means I really do not care.
  10. But that doesn't have anything to do with the pressing of the vinyl from official and authorized source material?

Basically, if there's no press release/statement on a vinyl issue, you don't consider it official? That would be incorrect.

SRC Vinyl also has the label listed as Interscope, which means this is official and authorized by the label, the ones who make the decisions on whether or not these records are pressed and sold.