1. Might be fake, but he/she guessed both Foo Fighters and Muse right. On the correct date. So hands down anyway.
  2. U2 will def not play Werchter or anything - and most of all no festivals. Bono won't be able to tour within the next 10-12 months, and we can be happy if they start SOI tour in EU in fall. But it's also possible they will cancel SOI tour completely, release SOE and go on stadium tour in 2016, as already planned.

Bono has a fractured eye orbit, a 6 piece shattered arm with 3 metal plates and 18 screws, a broken finger, a triple broken shoulder plate and surely several bruises on his hip, leg, back, chest etc.. Don't you forget he is 54 years old - and even the best doctors in the world are not able to tell a bone to grow together faster! Also, all of this causes an unimaginable high amount of pain.

Looking at this, I'm 200% sure the US tour in spring/early summer will be cancelled, tho they probably won't tell us before next year.

Also, I'm sure within the next few days they will announce that they are NOT playing on KROQs Almost Acoustic Christmas. Bono is def not in a condition to enter a plane or get onto a stage and he might even be unable to pull down his pants without help. Half is upper body is highly likely covered in plaster and the arm in such a case is completely stilled in an upper position. It might at least take 3-4 months until the plates and screws will be taken out.

This will take very long, it was a very bad accident. And I rather wait longer and have a fully recovered Bono than have him half recovered on stage and they have to cancel mid tour, or he exhauses himself so much, that it will turn into their last tour ever.
  3. What sparko said, all best wishes to Bono. It is and will be a hard time for him. It'll be a 'full recovery', but I bet he'll be quite in pain for quite a while.
  4. Unbelievable that he's done this much damage to himself. When I heard that he'd fell off his bike, I was expecting to see him on Fallon in a fortnight or so wearing a sling. I certainly wasn't expecting up to twelve months out.

Get Edge on vocals and continue promoting the album I say
  5. It really is a hard blow to the promo tour and accompanying world tour...I'm sure he/they will kick back but I'm afraid it will take much longer than expected. First and foremost priority of course is his health and happiness, music, tour etc. all unimportant in comparison
  6. According to RS it was an accident where he tried to avoid another biker, so this time, the insurance will pay for tour canceling... still, I try to figure what the heck he did, I mean left face side, left arm and shoulder - what the f...? did he wrap himself around a bench, tree, stone side and backwards??! I also first expected him returning in a week or two with a sling and just a broken arm. But that....?

I barely can't imagine how Ali might have felt in case she was driving behind him (which might be likely) - and see her man crashing down. There must be a hell lot of blood from his nose, eye and arm, where the bone peaked out (!!!!!).

The good thing is: whatever hit his face, it didn't cause his sunglasses destroying his eye - because they surely shattered into a million pieces.
    And he def wore a helmet - otherwise with THESE damages - he might as well have been dead without it.

As for tour plans, there are two possible scenarios: either, he recovers good and fast and they start touring Europe as planned from October on and postpone SOE and the SOE tour to get the US leg afterwards. OR: they cancel that as well, as it would be a lonely EU part of a SOI tour, release SOE and then do the SOE stadium tour without touring SOI at first.

Right now, all we can do is wait. It will take some time until we get an official statement of what will be cancelled and postponed because surely Bono will take a while to accept the length of his recovering.
  7. Think also this will take longer then his back injury
    Imagine Bono not playing guitar
    Jokes aside, sounds really bad and could also have been much worse
  8. As impatient as I was with SOI, for this, I just wish him a safe and careful rehab, and not try to do too much. If the band want to go in the studio and work on some more things, great. If not, it's not the end of the world. It's easy to forget these guys have a real life, and they have given us all a lot of joy, anything from age 50 and on that you get from a musician is gravy. Health is much more important.
  9. Being an avid cyclist myself, I can say that cycling accidents can get real bad, real fast. If he was going at any sort of speed (even 5-10 mph) a crash can do a lot of damage, considering how old he is. Based on the injuries, it looked like he fell on his left side after trying to swerve to the right. Bikes don't handle super sharp turns very well, so I would guess that because he swerved, the momentum caused him to tip over. For all intents and purposes, he probably hit the ground at whatever speed he was going. If he was going at a casual 5 mph, hitting solid asphalt will do a number to you. I'm just glad he didn't break his collarbone because that is the number 1 injury all cyclists are concerned with when they crash.
  10. Imagine being the guy to almost seriously injure Bono, or worse?
  11. yeah absolutely. what a poor guy. no mention on him in all this. he might have hurt himself but no one knows. feel sorry for him. where's his five seconds of fame. at least they got to meet bono. wonder if they asked about all my life as they called the ambulance