1. Was just going to post what Paul had said. I'm guessing the next album will be out in time for the tour!

2. + 1 - indeed. Promotion this time around is very, very different from Winter/Spring 2009 - apart from the 500.000.000 copies distributed worldwide it's all pretty low key. They'll come back with a splash and a new album in the Spring, to build for the new tour.
  3. Do you guys think they will start promoting soon? Or are they gonna wait until the actual release? Or the next album?
    I'm talking about a promotion tour (talkshows, maybe a theater or something)
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:Do you guys think they will start promoting soon? Or are they gonna wait until the actual release? Or the next album?
    I'm talking about a promotion tour (talkshows, maybe a theater or something)

I've been wondering the same thing actually! Maybe they are waiting? They better promote or that will be a serious mistake.
  5. i don't think they'll do a thing until the next album comes out
  6. they're yet to release a proper u2 album without touring behind it, i hope they wait this time around

7. You mean the physical SOI? Cause if they wait for Experience I think that would be a huge mistake.
  8. i mean SoE

9. They will wait until the initial buzz is over, according to Guy the manager.
  10. You know, it makes me glad to see this topic up and running again. It means that the roaring beast that is U2 has awakened from hibernation and is ready to rock the world once again!

11. Yeah I think that would be a grave mistake. I'm not saying they need to be on tour but they need to do promotion. Bring on SNL, Fallon, Ellen; they need to stay in the public, It would make no sense to me to pull this stunt with the album and just say "OK thanks bye...see you in late Spring when we go on tour!"
  12. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

Yeah I think that would be a grave mistake. I'm not saying they need to be on tour but they need to do promotion. Bring on SNL, Fallon, Ellen; they need to stay in the public, It would make no sense to me to pull this stunt with the album and just say "OK thanks bye...see you in late Spring when we go on tour!"

Time will tell, a week ago we didn't even know what to expect. And perhaps the PR starts when the actual album is in the shelves.