1. Haha, I suppose so. That album was a bore.

But I'm guessing it's not quite as good as "In Rainbows"?
  2. The new album feels like a 50 min version of Nude. I hate that song with burning passion, hence my dislike for the new album. So, if you like that song, you'll love the album.
    I'll give it one more try. Maybe I was not in the right mood.
  3. It needs a "Bodysnatchers."
  4. So I've listened to the album about 5-6 times through now and it is slowly growing on me. People saying that it's a masterpiece I think need a reality check. Also those that are saying it is any way similar to In Rainbows are kidding themselves. There is no up tempo "rockier" songs like 15 Steps, Bodysnatchers, Jigsaw and even Reckoner. I can totally understand anyone saying that it is bland and self indulgent as it is a bit "elevator music"-ish. Just gotta be in the mood for this type of music I think.

Bottom line is, I think this is far from the masterpiece that some people are saying.
  5. masterpiece? not masterpiece? word used too much often and quickly in these days of disposable music.
    good albums, this is it, need to be listened, sedimented, absorbed, listened, things that can happen in a couple of days no matter how many times anyone can spin it,
    this is my dollar and cents.
    my thoughts for now is the songs are good to very good, it can be "hard" arriving to the end .. maybe.
    Matt says it needs a "bodysnatchers" but it could also be a "weird fish" in this context
    closing i'm loving Decks Dark, Ful Stop and Daydreaming at this time
    happy the boys are back on a good direction
  6. Been a couple days and I still have this album playing. Love it! I think for me it's because I was not that big of a fan of King of Limbs so this really is the first 'real' Radiohead album since 2007 In Rainbows (almost 10 years). I miss the Radiohead of The Bends and OK Computer but am rally looking forward to hearing this album in a live setting!

7. Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam in 10 days
    right this morning relistened to the gig at that place .. 2006
  8. Decks Dark. One of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time.

9. .. The Numbers .. it's becoming a masterpiece hehe

side thoughts:
    i read around some telling about dishomogeneity of the album that make them liking it less. same "excuse" for the dislike of the thief around. i never succeeded to climb up this wall
    how can it be a bad album because of that dishomogeneity having:
    2+2=5, there there, backdrifts, where i end, the gloaming, myxomatosis, the wolf, sit down stand up, punchup at a wedding, scatterbrain .. just to say some hehe
    boh .. that's life