1. Well, Bono told Rolling Stone that a song called "Every Breaking Wave" will be the first single from Songs of Ascent (slated for release early next year), but who knows if this is actually that song.

http://www.atu2.com/newalbum/
  2. Might also be something by Gavin Friday:

According to the setlist it's called "Kingdom":

It could be by Gavin Friday, because according to his twitter-entry from June 19th he wrote "Kingdom.. Soon..".
  3. It's beautiful. If that's what U2 were making in the studio, then it has paid off.

On the drawing board there was a song called 'Kingdom of Your Love'.

4. No. I read an interview where a band member says that song is much longer.

5. It's possible that the song is much longer, but they only play the opening minute.

During Vertigo they didn't play all of "Wake Up" (including the double-time part at the end), just the trudging "oooohhhh" part.

It's like a modern, more atmospheric, 3-D updated Moroccan version of The Ocean.
  6. It's not every breaking wave, that supposed to be electronica and has been described as being
    similar to with or without you with a layered buildup.

If it's a Gavin Friday song a simple lyric search on google will tell you if it's a cover of an existing song.

Most likely it's some other song left over from the NLOTH sessions which could possibly appear on songs of ascent.
  7. whatever it is, i like it
  8. Originally posted by loftarasa:Might also be something by Gavin Friday:

[image]

It could be by Gavin Friday, because according to his twitter-entry from June 19th he wrote "Kingdom.. Soon..".

where you get this setlist??
  9. Originally posted by loftarasa:Might also be something by Gavin Friday:

[image]

where you get this setlist??

10. I think the first line is actually

Sing yourself FAR down the street

not 'right' like the second line