1. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:is it just me or...
    feel free V and III - until the end of the world
    feel free I - Ultraviolet, until the end of the world maybe a little bit of zoo station...
    heaven and hell - if god will send his angels
    wake up - wake up dead man and all because of you
    jitterbug baby - the fly (riff)
    take down - reminds me slightly of who´s gonna ride your wild horses
    sunset in colors - reminds me of when I look at the world at the beginning
    morning chilf III- the beginning reminds me of the don´t turn around part of who´s gonna ride your wild horses and reminds me a little bit of yaweh
    Doctor Doctor reminds me of Radiohead
    lady with the spinning head, EBTTR, Salomé and acrobat are early versions...
    someone - the beginning sounds like the end of no line on the horizon
    thanx very much for putting these here....and these songs up there just reminded me of the others when I was listening......doesn´t mean it comes from there...but wake up´s beginning riff sounded a lot like all because of you to me....impressive! once again thanx!

Of course you're right. The original silver set is called "Salomé, the Achtung Baby outtakes" but that's complete bullshit. These are not outtakes, but working tapes. Just jamming and experimenting, some of the recordings developed to Achtung Baby songs, some weren't considered good enough apparently. Which is a shame: I really dig Wake Up (or whatever you would call it) and Someone is one of the highlights of the set if you ask me. It really has nothing to do with NLOTH though.
    I haven't ever bothered to find out exactly which of these demos led to what final song, but indeed it's fun to recognize riffs and/or lyrics for sure. Everybody can clearly recognize certain riffs and lyrics that were (re-)used at some later point. I Feel Free > UTEOTW is obvious, so is Morning Child > WGRYWH. (The single edit of WGRYWH is almost the same as Morning Child.) Funny is hearing some parts being used completely different in the end, for example the bridge of Lady w/Spinning Head ended up being the intro of Ultra Violet. Funny also to hear the wake up dead man lyric in various of these demos.
    I do think you do hear a bit more than there is in fact at spots. Heaven and Hell is just a random (and quite weak if you ask me) ballad, I wouldn't know what it has to do with IGWSHA except for a similarity in bpm.
    You forgot about Sick for Love, that's an early version of So Cruel.
  2. Thanks a lot! Looks amazing!
  3. Thanks a lot !!! good job, wonderful songs !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. thank you very much for your explanations noiseless!
    as for nloth....just some thoughts i got....maybe they checked he tapes for ideas....who knows?
    but once again, thanx for the explanation ;p
  5. Awesome work. I first heard some of these "songs" on a vinyl bootleg my friend brought home from Boston one day. Great memories.

The mediafile link seems to be no longer working, though. Any chance you could upload it again?
  6. Originally posted by dstankie:Awesome work. I first heard some of these "songs" on a vinyl bootleg my friend brought home from Boston one day. Great memories.

The mediafile link seems to be no longer working, though. Any chance you could upload it again?

I'll take care of a fresh set, might take a me a day though.

If you're in a hurry you can also find it here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73835 - in the best possible (lossless) quality.

Cheers
  7. Heaven and Hell is a great song.

Question that rises to me is when She's Gonna Blow Your House Down is going to see light of day, since all these versions on this compilation, but also the practicing of it in Rattle And Hum movie (outtakes)
  8. Hey Thanks. Great stuff.

The alt. version of Morning Child doesn't seem to be on the file. I'd love to have it--I have these vague memories of a moody, plaintive version with a repetitive "don't turn around" refrain that became part of Wild Horses. How many versions of Morning Child exist anyway?
  9. Originally posted by dstankie:Hey Thanks. Great stuff.

The alt. version of Morning Child doesn't seem to be on the file. I'd love to have it--I have these vague memories of a moody, plaintive version with a repetitive "don't turn around" refrain that became part of Wild Horses. How many versions of Morning Child exist anyway?

I think the 3-disc set of the AB outtakes has four versions in total. Who knows what existed on other tapes before that.
  10. Originally posted by dstankie:Hey Thanks. Great stuff.

When I compiled the definitive set for The Traders Den, I left of one of the Morning Child takes as they turned out to be exactly the same.

I believe there are four or five takes on the Jewels set. Two of them are the same. The other versions have technical issues (skips etc), that's why I left them of.

Maybe I have the other versions left on my HD somewhere but I doubt it. Besides, I won't be able to redo them the way I did the rest as I deleted my settings and I remember it was quite a lot of steps to get things right.

cheers

11. Thanks a bunch, great work. I love She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, but sadly the third version, what is not remastered is the best IMHO... Is possible to remaster the unremastered version, please? Thanks again for this great work