1. We need a best of 2000-2020
  2. Question is: why did they stop releasing best of decennium discs? 1990-2000 kinda brought me into u2 as a teenager.
  3. Because ATYCLB had already been included in the 90-00 one, and they repudiate NLOTH big time so doing a 00-10 compilation would have meant including only HTDAAB and its b-sides - which would have been too much even for their cash cow standards.
  4. They only released the three because they had a deal to release three with Island Records.

“On October 1, it was leaked that U2 were readying a new “Best of” album and that the new song would be on the album. A few days later the reason became aparant as reports started circulating that U2 were about to leave Island Records in Europe, for a new home at Mercury, and a third compilation had been promised to Island under the old contract the band had signed.”
  5. U2 only had 2 songs from ATYCLB in the best of 90-2000. That means they still could include at least 3 or 4 songs from that album+ HTDAAB + NLOTH + some unreleased songs + B-sides in the best of 2000-2010.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Because ATYCLB had already been included in the 90-00 one, and they repudiate NLOTH big time so doing a 00-10 compilation would have meant including only HTDAAB and its b-sides - which would have been too much even for their cash cow standards.
    Nah. They could easily put Magnificent, MoS and Crazy Tonight on them
  7. Originally posted by TRISTAN:U2 only had 2 songs from ATYCLB in the best of 90-2000. That means they still could include at least 3 or 4 songs from that album+ HTDAAB + NLOTH + some unreleased songs + B-sides in the best of 2000-2010.
    Electrical storm was released in 2002 and included on the 90-00 album so I think it would be a stretch adding songs from ATYCLB on a 00-10 best of. That would really be a best of with only 2 albums included which would be pointless. I think if we get any future best of’s it will cover the bands full career. There’s no point doing the decades anymore since the number of albums has reduced to 2 a decade. It would be good if they used a future best of as an excuse to put some live material in though. In fact a best of live with previously unreleased stuff would be cool. 3 or 4 cd’s worth of live songs. I think that’s possible but maybe it wouldn’t all be unreleased live songs just some then the rest from releases already out there.
  8. Alright. So the Best Of 00-10 would be

Vertigo
    Miracle Drug
    Magnificent
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    Love And Peace Or Else
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Crazy Tonight
    All Because Of You
    A Man And A Woman
    Crumbs From Your Table
    One Step Closer