1. Hopefully MoS and NLOTH, Being Born wouldnt be on it (shame),,, and obv Magnificent, Boots, Crazy...
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Right now if I were to compile a list of say 16 songs or so I'd include:

01. Elevation
    02. Walk On
    03. Vertigo
    04. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    05. City Of Blinding Lights
    06. All Because Of You
    07. Original Of The Species
    08. One (with Mary J. Blige)
    09. The Saints Are Coming (with Green Day) (Live version)
    10. Get On Your Boots
    11. Magnificent
    12. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

God i hope if they ever do put out a compilation like this that All Because of You isn't on it
  3. All Because of You fits perfectly on 'Cut the Crap: remastered' together with Red Lights, Stand Up Comedy...
  4. It'll be Crazy, NLOTH and Boots and Magnificent!!

1. Elevation
    2. Walk On
    3. Vertigo
    4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    5. City of Blinding Lights
    6. All Because of You
    7. Original of the Species
    8. Window in the Skies
    9. The Saints are Coming
    10. Get on Your Boots
    11. Magnificent
    12. No Line on the Horizon
    13. I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
    14. Wave of Sorrow
    15. NEW SONG
    16. NEW SONG
    17. NEW SONG
    18. NEW SONG
  5. Time for a whinge and some ideas.

All I know is, if Vertigo and Sometimes make it on to one more Best Of - two already in four years - I'm definitely not touching it. Although they'll come up with the tried-and-true formula of putting on the big radio hits and shoving on two unreleased or new songs or putting in a DVD with a fancy booklet.

I'd also be disappointed as I was with 1990 - 2000 as putting on remixes and songs released no less than two years ago and charging top-dollar for it or telling us it's the end of something - end of mediocre radio hits and stuff U2 could play in their sleep.

Though I have been impressed there haven't been too many greatest hits albums just yet. When it starts reaching six or seven with one every year with no new songs, that's when it becomes annoying. I see the remasters as being something as to curb the hits albums, which if it's anything like The Joshua Tree remaster, then it's all good.

There's been plenty of greatest hits by other artists with cool ideas - some I remember being like:

Letting the fans choose the songs and then putting on some unreleased or new songs (as an exec decision) and messages inside a little booklet and previously-unseen photos with a poster and keyring or something similar. That's a cool concept, though it can backfire and end up like most compilations with the exact same songs released on other greatest hits in 1995, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. There wasn't one in 2002 if I remember.

Early gems and later treasures where the first disc is great for those who might not know those songs, but the second is akin to a lazy marketing decision, as far as most could tell. Though this band that this idea was ripped from had more than enough hits albums than actual albums.

Re-recorded tracks with other artists plus a new song or two.

Stripped Mixes, with basic track recordings or a capella. That's something I hadn't seen much of before, but would anyone actually even buy it? It'd be a decision made with pre-acceptance of poor sales and reception, but hey, why not.

Live album from one show that wasn't released to the general market with a new song but make the song introduced with a radio announcer, preferrably not having their voice on the new song, but at the end of the previous song.

I don't really see Medium Rare and Remastered as a Greatest Hits, but see, something like that is cool.

6. I already preordered that on u2.com

7. Album version pretty much rules imo...

I'd think of something like this:
    ATYCLB-era: Elevation and Walk On were both released in 2001, right? They'll be on there I presume
    HTDAAB-era: Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, Original Of The Species and COBL. Maybe also ABOY.
    NLOTH-era: GOYB, Magnificent and Crazy Tonight for sure. Presumably also the 4th single.

Window In The Skies and The Saints Are Coming for sure.
    Maybe also One with Mary J. Blige. Wouldnt be surprised.

That's 13/14 already. If SOA is gonna happen 2/3 songs might come from that. And they might decide to record a new song for it (like The Hands That Built America).
  8. If the Best Of 2000-2010 will feature ABOY I'm certainly not buying it. Why the f*** loves everyone that song. Won't also buy it if it doesnt contain NLOTH or MoS, and if the bsides are shit (which they are so far)
  9. Originally posted by dieder:If the Best Of 2000-2010 will feature ABOY I'm certainly not buying it. Why the f*** loves everyone that song. Won't also buy it if it doesnt contain NLOTH or MoS, and if the bsides are shit (which they are so far)

lol

Well...they're not forcing you

10. Why would I. I have every song that's on it and the only reason for buying are unreleased tracks and completability. And if the unreleased tracks are shite (and the compilation on the record too)...

You can say that as well about the remasters maybe but imo that's another story. I like to buy those.

But I'm quite confident though. The boys never liked HTDAAB that much from what I've heard. Vertigo and COBL will be on it (justice) but that's enough (well MIracle Drug is an amazing song)...
  11. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Why would I. I have every song that's on it and the only reason for buying are unreleased tracks and completability. And if the unreleased tracks are shite (and the compilation on the record too)...

You can say that as well about the remasters maybe but imo that's another story. I like to buy those.

But I'm quite confident though. The boys never liked HTDAAB that much from what I've heard. Vertigo and COBL will be on it (justice) but that's enough (well MIracle Drug is an amazing song)...

Agree with you about ABOY. Miracle Drug and Yahweh could be on it, or Original Of The Species. Or Crumbs (most underrated song off the album). From NLOTH it will be Boots, NLOTH, Moment Of Surrender, Magnificent and Crazy I think