1. still my fav song of the new album and still saying it'd be epic live. I hope they'll give it a try next year.
  2. I still never tire of this song... It's hypnotic They need to try it out live
  3. Its a mint song I think if that song had appeared on Zooropa, many people on here would be saying its the best song ever by U2...
  4. It's a fantastic song for sure, but it still has not convinced me on two things:
    a) the Fez intro. It really dooesn't fit... A violin fade in before Being Born, or just Being Born starting suddenly, would be much better
    b) the extra-lowness of the lyrics. Six .....(three seconds later)..... o.... clooooock..... (three seconds later).... on the au - ....... to - rouuuuuuteeee.... It just sucks.

But I still like listening (and playing guitar along) to this song, one of the bests in NLOTH.
  5. Definitely a stand out song on the album!! I love the intro/beginning. It has a great punch.
  6. This should be the fucking opener, why are they so obtuse about it.
    It's the only obvious opener on the album.
  7. I really like this song, but the only thing that bothers me is when Bono sings 'ooooooh' you hear this sound on the background, like a chainsaw or something In my ipod it's really clear, and sometimes quite annoying.
  8. This would make an insane opener. Hell they could even have the studio version play while the band gets on stage.
  9. Underrated, sounds like it belongs back in the 90's zooropa album.
  10. This one and NLOTH are the two that'd easily make the cut into my "Best of U2" from this album.

It's also the album opener in my rearrenged NLOTH track listing.

(On the other hand I don't think it'd work live... the extra slowness that Sergio speaks about works great for me in the studio version, but I admit it would be a huuuuuuuuuge.... Baaaaath....roooooooooom...... ...... ..... Breeeeeeeak...........)
  11. Originally posted by Bloodraven:This one and NLOTH are the two that'd easily make the cut into my "Best of U2" from this album.

It's also the album opener in my rearrenged NLOTH track listing.

(On the other hand I don't think it'd work live... the extra slowness that Sergio speaks about works great for me in the studio version, but I admit it would be a huuuuuuuuuge.... Baaaaath....roooooooooom...... ...... ..... Breeeeeeeak...........)
    The extra slowness that I spoke about... 7 years ago But yeah, still think the same. I learnt to love the song even more though, it's in my top5 of all their 2000-2010 output. Brilliant.