1. Bump.

In the '10 best albums of all time' thread, I mentioned that III was my favourite Led Zeppelin album. Out of curiosity, what is everyone's favourite Led Zeppelin album?
  2. Definitely IV.

Can't help but state the cliche'd because it's indeed the best. Physical Graffiti and HOTH come close, but in terms of the 4 s/t's, IV is definitely best for me.

3. In a way, I can see why people think that IV is the best, but 'Misty Mountain Hop' and 'Four Sticks' are rather mediocre. In my opinion, it just ruins the flow of the album.

Physical Graffiti is a great album, but I've never been able to connect with Houses of the Holy for some reason. I've never been able to say it's a great album, only been able to say "yeah, it's good".
  4. as i put in my list ... II
    aside of Whole lotta love .. there are a good number of my favourite songs of them.
    The Lemon Song, Thank You, Bring It On Home, What Is An What Shoud Never Be, Ramble On ..
  5. Heartbreaker, too.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3Heartbreaker, too.

I was just about to say that
  7. oh yes .. that one too .. absolutely
  8. As much as I love Zed Zep albums - the first six, anyway - I don't know if any are in my top 20. I "lived through" the 1990's classics so they just have more meaning to me.

Tough not put IV on top. It's full of classics - arguably all the songs (aside from Four Sticks, maybe) are gems.

9. Was never a fan of Living Lovin' Maid off II - but the rest are great.
  10. Yep, II is the best in my opinion. Gotta love it.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMYAs much as I love Zed Zep albums - the first six, anyway - I don't know if any are in my top 20. I "lived through" the 1990's classics so they just have more meaning to me.

Tough not put IV on top. It's full of classics - arguably all the songs (aside from Four Sticks, maybe) are gems.

Agreed. Couldn't put a LZ album in my top 10, IV could have a CHANCE at cracking 20....but there are far more personal albums to me. Only reason Pink Floyd hits my top 10 twice is because I grew up on those albums just like I did the stuff coming out in the 90s. Just my exposure.
  12. Although I love it, Physical Graffit - like ALL double albums - suffers from its length. Don't get me wrong, there are so many classics on that album. However, like The White Album, it contains some clunkers that would have been better left off it.