1. Springsteen is unique in music. But don't forget the E Streetband.

And Springsteen started changing setlist about 2008. Before his setlist where also quit static.

The U2 shows are more fixed concepts. With not much space to vary. At the beginning when all is new this is interesting. But after a while it is boring. You know the songs. Nothing wrong with concept shows but more changing setlist would be welcome.

2. No problem!

I'guess you are right, U2 seems to be forgotten that their job is being a musician.
  3. this goes all and only to one man here

.. the same old story same old act ..
  4. Beautiful Lovely song.
  5. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]

Agreed . U2 have always played it safe as far as shows . Same set gig after gig . Sure they might play a different tune here and there . Big deal . The 2005 Vertigo tour was a favorite of mine, simply because they actually mixed it up for once and played arenas . Not big over the top shows like Zoo TV , PoP and 360. Same exact sets each and every night for those Las Vegas extravaganza . The encores were different almost every night and they used 3 different openers (L&P,COBL and Vertigo)

Bruce is 64 and is still amazing . My show last week was fantastic .

Bruce Pearl Jam and DMB always mix up their sets . On 2 night stands in the same city , DMB will play 2 completely different sets.

U2 , not at all .

Which is amazing if you're a diehard fan, but a large portion of the crowd arent, casuals go because they expect to hear the well-known songs that the die-hards have grown sick of.

The 1st time i saw Pearl Jam (i was a casual fan back then), they hardly played any of their mainstream hits, instead they pulled out songs they hadn't played live in years. The friend i went (PJ diehard) thought the set-list was amazing, i thought it was shit, and left the show pissed off.

If U2 all of a sudden dropped Vertigo, BD, Pride, etc in favor of rarely played live songs, I'd love it, cuz I, like most on this site, am a diehard and know their whole discography. But i think most of the crowd (casuals) would leave a little disappointed.
  6. or maybe they discover there's something else than the shit of Vertigo

still it's not an excuse to be plaster
    Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark are always played, for example eh
    (same goes for PJ)
  7. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

Which is amazing if you're a diehard fan, but a large portion of the crowd arent, casuals go because they expect to hear the well-known songs that the die-hards have grown sick of.

The 1st time i saw Pearl Jam (i was a casual fan back then), they hardly played any of their mainstream hits, instead they pulled out songs they hadn't played live in years. The friend i went (PJ diehard) thought the set-list was amazing, i thought it was shit, and left the show pissed off.

If U2 all of a sudden dropped Vertigo, BD, Pride, etc in favor of rarely played live songs, I'd love it, cuz I, like most on this site, am a diehard and know their whole discography. But i think most of the crowd (casuals) would leave a little disappointed.

^ another argument repeated to death, and very truly so. Well spoken. I've stated several times in the PJ thread that I would be pissed (as you were) if I went to a show and they played 25 rarities plus Even Flow and YLB. The same applies to the casual fan that comes to a U2 show expecting to hear Streets, Pride, COBL, Desire, Elevation... and probably not White As Snow, Your Blue Room, Drowning Man, Exit and Promenade. And back on topic, I would probably be pissed if I went to another Bruce show and got a 30 songs set with 8 covers and 20 rarities which I don't know; if I want to discover obscure songs from anyone's catalogue, I go to Youtube or buy a rarities album - but I go to a concert to enjoy myself, to lose my voice and to dance and sing along to songs I know and mean something to me. If I want to attend a concert full of songs I don't know just for the sake of enjoying some unknown music, there's a pub around the corner that features rare bands every Thursday and Saturday.

8. thanks, fifteen months between the soundcheck and gig

if you look close the other side of that sign says "suck on this part-timers"

I'm thinking of producing t shirts with that on.
  9. Originally posted by clover68:or maybe they discover there's something else than the shit of Vertigo

still it's not an excuse to be plaster
    Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark are always played, for example eh
    (same goes for PJ)

See you're just reinforcing my point, we all think Vertigo is overrated, overplayed and all that. But when you ask a casual U2 fan to list their favorite songs by the band I'll bet money on them listing Vertigo.
  10. ^there's no worse deaf than who don't want to hear (read)

like i said Born To Run and others are always played, so they can play Vertigo each and every night as well still etc etc .. it's not an excuse.
    forgive me Bruce to have put those 2 in the same sentence

best t-shirt to have to go to a concert Ade hehehe

ps: clever people who spend 100 €/$/whatever just for one song
  11. Originally posted by clover68:^there's no worse deaf than who don't want to hear (read)

like i said Born To Run and others are always played, so they can play Vertigo each and every night as well still etc etc .. it's not an excuse.
    forgive me Bruce to have put those 2 in the same sentence

best t-shirt to have to go to a concert Ade hehehe

ps: clever people who spend 100 €/$/whatever just for one song

i'm thinking of having them made to individual requirements. With the song you're requesting on the front. That way take your shirt off and use it as a sign - works on several levels. Blokes get what they want so that they'll hurry up and put their shirt back on, the better looking girls get what they want so that they don't get their shirts back. The part-timers can entertain themselves looking at some tits for the first time in their lives.