1. I just meant that in a sense it is. Like, Red Rocks was the huge show and this show is "almost like" a rehearsal. They performed a lot of the same songs, but Red Rocks was THE show. So it's not a big miss if I don't have that show. That's all I meant.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I just meant that in a sense it is. Like, Red Rocks was the huge show and this show is "almost like" a rehearsal. They performed a lot of the same songs, but Red Rocks was THE show. So it's not a big miss if I don't have that show. That's all I meant.

Yes, but did Red Rocks have a crazy-looking German dude in the crowd drinking out of a gas can?

I didn't think so.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I just meant that in a sense it is. Like, Red Rocks was the huge show and this show is "almost like" a rehearsal. They performed a lot of the same songs, but Red Rocks was THE show. So it's not a big miss if I don't have that show. That's all I meant.

I still dont get you as such. Red Rocks at the time of this show was a show that caused the band to near go bust as they paid to film it. I think it was the release of the video and the story that came with it that created the legend. This gig was in a venue just as unusual as Red Rocks. And this gig looked to be capacity crowd. And the band chose to release quite a bit of this gig in the form of their only live album to date. Good gig. . . . And Bono gets a tricilore shirt as well as falling on his ass. A good watch.
  4. Hhahahaha agree there Jeremy Also agree with Gerard, the show is plagued of good watchs, like the tricolour shirt, the fall, the whole Two Hearts Beat As One performance, Electric Co... The only perf I don't like is 40... Nothing special about it, no feeling, no crowd participation... Apart from that, the show is excellent, superb
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I still dont get you as such. Red Rocks at the time of this show was a show that caused the band to near go bust as they paid to film it. I think it was the release of the video and the story that came with it that created the legend. This gig was in a venue just as unusual as Red Rocks. And this gig looked to be capacity crowd. And the band chose to release quite a bit of this gig in the form of their only live album to date. Good gig. . . . And Bono gets a tricilore shirt as well as falling on his ass. A good watch.

^What he said. I'd also add that this show was their breakthrough in Germany (one of the biggest music markets worldwide). '40' was released as single due to that gig and record sales significantly rised. Also the attendance was 3 times bigger than Red Rocks, the concert was broadcasted live on TV- so this is certainly more than an "almost like rehearsal"
  6. I think there are two really special things on Loreley

First is tha Loreley is one of greatest concert venues worldwide. I attended a lot of great gigs there since the end of the eighties. Atmosphere, crowd and sound are fucking brillant. Unfortunately I was 14 years old when U2 played there and ii was to young to drive 200 kilometers...

Second is that U2 took the chance to take Germany as such a big record market in storm. They were almost unknown back then. So you can see how U2 figthts song by song to get every single person in this venue on the band´s side. You can feel that process and it worked.
    On almost every other TV-broadcasts you can see U2 playing to a "home crowd" but at Loreley they had to work really hard!!!
  7. Hi
    I was wondering which is among you the best video version of this show ?
    I realized the onyl version that I kept is an HD rebroadcast called U2.Open.Air.Festival.Loreley.1983.HDTV.ts with size of 6.21 Go but infact the quality is "strange" image is like "doubled", not clean at all .
    I'm compiling a bluray for myself with the Red Rocks Virtual Road ( adding cut part of Electric co) and other War tour proshot appearances ...
    Even on youtube the versions I found look better !
    Thanx in advance
  8. I’m pleased with this one:

U2 - PAL DVD
    2nd Open Air Loreley (Germany) 20th August 1983
    (digital recording, taken from rebroadcast in 2004)
    Quality is perfect, enjoy!

Setlist
    00 Introduction
    01 Out Of Control (4'25'')
    02 Twilight (4'00'')
    03 The Black Cat (4'45'')
    04 Into The Heart (2'15'')
    05 Surrender (5'55'')
    06 Two Herats Beats As One (4'24'')
    07 Seconds (2'55'')
    08 Sunday Bloody Sunday (4'43'')
    09 The Electric Co. (5'18'')
    10 Gloria (4'28'')
    11 New Years Day (4'27'')
    12 I Will Follow (3'38'')
    13 40 (3'00'')

Line-up
    Bono Vox - voc
    The Edge - voc/guit
    Adam Clayton - bass
    Larry Mullen - drums
  9. Originally posted by one8ung:I’m pleased with this one:

U2 - PAL DVD
    2nd Open Air Loreley (Germany) 20th August 1983
    (digital recording, taken from rebroadcast in 2004)
    Quality is perfect, enjoy!

Setlist
    00 Introduction
    01 Out Of Control (4'25'')
    02 Twilight (4'00'')
    03 The Black Cat (4'45'')
    04 Into The Heart (2'15'')
    05 Surrender (5'55'')
    06 Two Herats Beats As One (4'24'')
    07 Seconds (2'55'')
    08 Sunday Bloody Sunday (4'43'')
    09 The Electric Co. (5'18'')
    10 Gloria (4'28'')
    11 New Years Day (4'27'')
    12 I Will Follow (3'38'')
    13 40 (3'00'')

Line-up
    Bono Vox - voc
    The Edge - voc/guit
    Adam Clayton - bass
    Larry Mullen - drums
    Is there a link hidden in this post or should I simply check the appropriate page on this site?
    EDIT: Found it here - of course!
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Is there a link hidden in this post or should I simply check the appropriate page on this site?
    EDIT: Found it here - of course!
    Thanx, I'm interested please, no access to u2torrents for years is there a link for videosd on u2start ?? did i miss something for years here too ?? lol
  11. Originally posted by achtungpop:[..]
    Thanx, I'm interested please, no access to u2torrents for years is there a link for videosd on u2start ?? did i miss something for years here too ?? lol
    Yeah. It’s simply a YouTube link in the “videos” section of this site. A nice, streamlined show from the War era.
  12. Ok I will create a new U2t account , if someone could seed this version 2004 I would love it, thanx !