1. Originally posted by colbourne25:the first milan show from Vertigo Tour is an awesome bootleg for this!! they go ballistic on sunday bloody sunday!!! there's something about the italians when it comes to crowd participation...
    True. Italians, Spanish and Argentinian crowds are the best ones. Also (strangely) Scottish audiences use to be very participative

2. I just read your review of this. Am downloading now. I can't believe this one slipped through the cracks. Wild Horses AND Electric Co. not to mention an extremely unusual Vertigo encore.

However you were the last person I'd imagine who would say this in a review...

Originally posted by drewhigginsIf this show was filmed, I'd claim Hamish Hamilton as a legend.

WTF??
  3. HAHA, hamish hamilton? legend? shhhh

Im also downloading the bootleg oddly enough after just reading the review, thanks!

4. Because he would have chosen a great night, therefore legendary picking. But the camera work would have sucked still, so no legend in that respect.
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofo:I just read your review of this. Am downloading now. I can't believe this one slipped through the cracks. Wild Horses AND Electric Co. not to mention an extremely unusual Vertigo encore.

However you were the last person I'd imagine who would say this in a review...

It's a great show, but Aussie, be warned - WGRYWH is semi-acoustic, just so you know. Great version though, like Drew said in his review, as Bono introduces it ("I don't know why we don't play this more, it's so simple") the crowd goes nuts and then at the end - "weddings, funerals - we prefer weddings...this band is available"...
    Originally posted by drewhiggins:Because he would have chosen a great night, therefore legendary picking. But the camera work would have sucked still, so no legend in that respect.

Although the audio on the boot is genuine 3-star, I'd say the same thing if HH had chosen to film Boston 2005-05-28 (one of the shows I always give a good plug ), I would be completely in debt to him - that is one of the best shows on the entire Vertigo tour, end of. That said, this show definitely goes up there too
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    It's a great show, but Aussie, be warned - WGRYWH is semi-acoustic, just so you know. Great version though, like Drew said in his review, as Bono introduces it ("I don't know why we don't play this more, it's so simple") the crowd goes nuts and then at the end - "weddings, funerals - we prefer weddings...this band is available"...

Hahaha, thanks for the warning dude. You obviously remember how I feel about acoustic versions, but I'm still giving this one a crack...some rave reviews so far. Still can't believe it took this long to notice it.
  7. PopMart Mexico 1997-12-03

8. Originally posted by aussiemofo:Hahaha, thanks for the warning dude. You obviously remember how I feel about acoustic versions, but I'm still giving this one a crack...some rave reviews so far. Still can't believe it took this long to notice it.

Heh, no worries - I think you'll prefer Bono's vocals on this to my BRT show, he really hits "come on now love" with full whack, even if he does go OH SO SLIGHTLY offkey.... I'm just a sucker for any live version of WGRYWH - I'm starting to prefer semi-acoustic Vertigo to full-electric Vertigo, but only just. The Paris 1992 version still has to be given status as greatest ever performance. The acoustic-ish versions from ZooTV (rare occurences that they were) aren't much though - Bono doesn't really nail the rhythm, and it sounds a bit odd with just him singing and playing lol...
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    The acoustic-ish versions from ZooTV (rare occurences that they were) aren't much though - Bono doesn't really nail the rhythm, and it sounds a bit odd with just him singing and playing lol...

they were impromtu though and only due to technical difficulties. The Vertigo ones were rehearsed

10. Which is fair enough, and I appreciate that, I dunno...I would go on but am not sure what to go on about lol.
  11. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Which is fair enough, and I appreciate that, I dunno...I would go on but am not sure what to go on about lol.

that most versions of the song are pretty decent