1. Listening to Pop again. Sooo good. I hope the revolution does it justice one day.
  2. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:I know we all love Please, but I'm not sure I'd pick Please. Maybe just because I didn't see it live? I don't know.

I'd probably pick Gone, Staring At The Sun, or Last Night On Earth. (But of course I love Discotheque and Mofo and Please...)
    Please was amazing live... one of the highlights...
  3. One of the things I appreciate the most about U2, is their "live transitions".
    Like if there's one thing I think it separates U2 from almost anybody, is that they create these blocks that you don't feel like you're listening to one random song after another (and which is the culprit of them not playing many songs because they don't "fit" in the setlist).

Pop had amazing transitions.
    Pop Muzik --> Mofo --> I Will Follow
    Miami --> Bullet
    Please --> Streets

But the one that I really loved and I wasn't expecting at the moment (when I first listened the Sarajevo show) was:
    Discotheque --> Velvet Dress
    two songs that apparently are totally different one from another, and then there's this seamless transition, was a total mind blown for me.
    I wouldn't care too much about Velvet Dress, but that transition made me fell totally in love with that song.

tl,dr:
    Transitions are my highlight.

4. I remember reading a post back in the fall of the NA 360 leg when they were snippeting In God's Country and MOFO and how someone associated with the band said they wanted to play these songs.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    You mean to release the 1996 version of Pop? That would be awesome. I don't agree with the re-recording or the "it was unfinished". If anything, Pop started the period of overthinking and over producing albums. The cool version of Playboy Mansion from the leaked Hong Kong mixes in 1996 sounded awesome, and by the time they recorded the song it lost a lot.
    If they don't want to play those songs live again, at least release something for its 20th anniversary damn it,they re-re-release JT again this year.

Uhhhh any chance of hearing that? Never heard of it before..
  6. Wow, I've never seen that footage before

Thanks!

Damn the boys looked cool as heck back in those days eh? What happened when they went on tour?

I actually don't like any of those versions compared to the final ones, but cool nonetheless.

I've been listening to this album so much more lately. It's climbing the rankings quickly..
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    You mean to release the 1996 version of Pop? That would be awesome. I don't agree with the re-recording or the "it was unfinished". If anything, Pop started the period of overthinking and over producing albums. The cool version of Playboy Mansion from the leaked Hong Kong mixes in 1996 sounded awesome, and by the time they recorded the song it lost a lot.
    If they don't want to play those songs live again, at least release something for its 20th anniversary damn it,they re-re-release JT again this year.
    I would give an arm to hear a full version of the 1996 version of Mofo
    The minute or so available via YouTube is jaw-dropping.
  8. My fav album and a great era from 1995 to 1997... loved the single versions of Gods, Last Night and Please more than then the album versions but didn't like the re-recordings of Gone, Disco and Staring on the Best of.