1. I've heard that some people say that the killers are new U2...I actually like the music made by killers...good band
  2. They're fantastic band, but they'll be never anything like U2.
  3. I gotta a lot of love for The Killers. I agree they are hardly the 'new U2'. I do think that they've made 4 pretty good albums. (counting the "Sawdust" b-sides compiliation)

My top 5:
    1) Believe Me Natalie (LOVE the drums on that one)
    2) When You Were Young (the solo appears to be A LOT like Edge's Miracle Drug solo)
    3) All These Things That I've Done (the acapella bridge reminds me of Queen, for some reason - good stuff)
    4) Read My Mind
    5) Spaceman

I do think that "Hot Fuss" is the best album yet but I do love Sam's Town, Sawdust and Day & Age lots.
  4. I've been into their last album for a few weeks now, great songs, the beginning is awesome

5. I agree too, Flowers simply cannot write lyrics like Bono, and the music landscape has completely changed since the 80's, ie. the predominance of rap/ hip hop makes it very hard for any rock band to reach the same stratospheric heights that U2 did back in the 80's/90's.
  6. ...And the singer is convinced that The Killers will be able to topple the legendary group.He says, "(We can replace U2 on the top) pedestal. They're getting old. You know there's going to be a couple of songs on (their) new record you're just going to love. But there's gotta be... I dunno. It feels like it's time."

Can't agree with that..yes they are getting old but...
    ...their new album is going to be great...i belive in that
  7. anyone got the new Q mag

on the website it says the killers ar gonna release an album of cover songs

Killers plan covers album

The Killers are hoping to put together an album of covers for their next release, the band told Q.

Drummer Ronnie Vannucci has acquired a new set of on-the-road recording equipment to capture the tracks as they tour. Each member of the band will choose three tracks for the album which they will cover.

The band is already well known for an inspired set of live covers which have included Shadowplay by Joy Division and Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Vannucci is plumping for tracks by Tom Waits, Genesis and Rod Stewart's Young Turks, he revealed.

8. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFan:anyone got the new Q mag

on the website it says the killers ar gonna release an album of cover songs

Killers plan covers album

The Killers are hoping to put together an album of covers for their next release, the band told Q.

Drummer Ronnie Vannucci has acquired a new set of on-the-road recording equipment to capture the tracks as they tour. Each member of the band will choose three tracks for the album which they will cover.

The band is already well known for an inspired set of live covers which have included Shadowplay by Joy Division and Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Vannucci is plumping for tracks by Tom Waits, Genesis and Rod Stewart's Young Turks, he revealed.

Oh dear God, the Killers have turned into Barry Manilow
    All kidding aside, this could be good?? Maybe?

9. i like the covers they have done already, shadowplay is one of there best tracks
  10. Last post before I go see these guys tonight....should be a good show!
  11. Here was the set...great show...I didn't know all the songs so some were a few surprises.

Spaceman
    Losing Touch
    Somebody Told Me
    Smile Like You Mean It
    This is Your Life
    Joy Ride
    I Can't Stay
    Shadowplay
    Bling (Confessions of a King)
    Bones
    Neon Tiger
    Human