1. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

I will have to settle for being a legend in my own mind. Sadly, I do not have THAT kind of money. (If they'd only accept Monopoly money...)

That would be nice. Either way, let us know. Thanks!
  2. If anyone wants to put a bid in on my behalf...
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]
    since I live and LA and Edge has a house here... he's welcome to come play mine.

I used to live in Sierra Madre. You know, the place that's on fire? I passed Edge in Burbank Airport once. He was alone, in a hurry and mumbling. It wasn't until after we passed that I realized who it was.
  4. Originally posted by bcgd[..]

I used to live in Sierra Madre. You know, the place that's on fire? I passed Edge in Burbank Airport once. He was alone, in a hurry and mumbling. It wasn't until after we passed that I realized who it was.

Alone and mumbling.... hehehehe... maybe he was looking for his missing Blackberry or something?
  5. Always wanted a blue LP. Wonder what he used it on.
  6. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Always wanted a blue LP. Wonder what he used it on.

Funny you should ask! Here's the deal with the blue Gibson Les Paul Standard:

Item # 399
    EDGE STUDIO-USED GIBSON GUITAR

1981 Blue-flake Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar, serial number 03381589. Carved AA Maple top, Mahogany body and neck and rosewood fingerboard in blue finish, with black leather Ernie Ball guitar strap.

"This instrument has been in my collection for nearly 6 years. Dallas found it in a vintage shop in a small town in Maryland during the production rehearsals for the 2003 Elevation tour. It has a very good tone and the color makes it quite rare. I used it in the studio on the current unreleased U2 album recordings" - The Edge

[Ed: note, if it was for the Elevation tour, that would make the production rehearsal in late 2000 to early 2001]

"I thought that Edge would like the unique color and sound of this instrument. I installed the pickup in the rear "bridge" position where none existed, and it is accompanied by the case that it came with on the day of purchase." - Dallas Schoo, U2 Guitar Technician

$40,000 - $60,000

Daddy like, Daddy like!
  7. Funny story: I was listening to National Public Radio (a left wing news station for all you non-US citizens) and there was a story on a man who wrote a book about Colombus.

My son (he's 4): Why do they keep talking about explorers?

Me: Because someone wrote a book about explorers.

My son: The guitar???!!!

Priceless!!!!
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Funny you should ask! Here's the deal with the blue Gibson Les Paul Standard:

Item # 399
    EDGE STUDIO-USED GIBSON GUITAR

1981 Blue-flake Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar, serial number 03381589. Carved AA Maple top, Mahogany body and neck and rosewood fingerboard in blue finish, with black leather Ernie Ball guitar strap.

"This instrument has been in my collection for nearly 6 years. Dallas found it in a vintage shop in a small town in Maryland during the production rehearsals for the 2003 Elevation tour. It has a very good tone and the color makes it quite rare. I used it in the studio on the current unreleased U2 album recordings" - The Edge

[Ed: note, if it was for the Elevation tour, that would make the production rehearsal in late 2000 to early 2001]

"I thought that Edge would like the unique color and sound of this instrument. I installed the pickup in the rear "bridge" position where none existed, and it is accompanied by the case that it came with on the day of purchase." - Dallas Schoo, U2 Guitar Technician

$40,000 - $60,000

Daddy like, Daddy like!

He used it on the new album and already sold it? how is he going to play the songs live?
  9. Originally posted by zooeyFunny story: I was listening to National Public Radio (a left wing news station for all you non-US citizens) and there was a story on a man who wrote a book about Colombus.

My son (he's 4): Why do they keep talking about explorers?

Me: Because someone wrote a book about explorers.

My son: The guitar???!!!

Priceless!!!!

cool son! you've done a good job so far! keep it up! haha
  10. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

He used it on the new album and already sold it? how is he going to play the songs live?

Keep in mind that what is used in the studio isn't what is always used live. So I am confident that The Edge will have something that will replicate the tones of the new songs.

One can see The Edge using his auctioned Les Paul Custom on "Pride...", in the "Making Of The Unforgettable Fire" documentary. I've not seen The Edge play "Pride..." with the LP Custom at any shows.

Sure, the final track might have the LP, a Strat and yet another guitar. More than one guitar can appear on a song.

The "Stuck In A Moment" natural finish Stratocaster (seen during the Elevation) tour had been around for ages - as far as studio use. Edge promised Dallas that he wouldn't take it on tour. Legend has it that the natural finish Strat IS the sound of many U2 classics such as "I Still Haven't Found..." and many others. One can even see this guitar on a guitar stand in the Point Depot footage of Rattle And Hum. (and related pictures in books of those sessions).
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Keep in mind that what is used in the studio isn't what is always used live. So I am confident that The Edge will have something that will replicate the tones of the new songs.

One can see The Edge using his auctioned Les Paul Custom on "Pride...", in the "Making Of The Unforgettable Fire" documentary. I've not seen The Edge play "Pride..." with the LP Custom at any shows.

Sure, the final track might have the LP, a Strat and yet another guitar. More than one guitar can appear on a song.

The "Stuck In A Moment" natural finish Stratocaster (seen during the Elevation) tour had been around for ages - as far as studio use. Edge promised Dallas that he wouldn't take it on tour. Legend has it that the natural finish Strat IS the sound of many U2 classics such as "I Still Haven't Found..." and many others. One can even see this guitar on a guitar stand in the Point Depot footage of Rattle And Hum. (and related pictures in books of those sessions).

Yeah, not always, but a lot of times it is...Anyway, a Les Paul is a Les Paul, it won't sound that different anyway. I don't understand why he has so much of the same guitars.
  12. Blue LPs aren't used that often though. If I had the 40 to 60 grand, I would buy it. Also logically I'd say he has at leats 4 Explorers. 1 in each tuning, and a backup, for each of those.