1. They've already had their kitch 1997 moment in Vegas - it was cool then, it won't be cool now.

Re; 'it's finished and it's big': argh, I wish it had been the album...

2. This says everything to me about U2’s ‘final touches’ mode.
  3. Btw, where is that mural in Dublin?
  4. FOO FIGHTERS DRUMMER TAYLOR HAWKINS BASHES U2 SONG “DISCOTHEQUE”

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=47977

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has let out a 16 year old hatred for U2′s 1997 single “Discotheque”, known for its bizarre music video and overall poppy tone.
    Ranting to AV Club, Hawkins said, “[My brother and I] were watching MTV and they said, ‘We’re going to world premiere the new U2 song and video today,’” he says. “I was like, ‘I hope it’s a little more like the older stuff. I mean, Achtung Baby was fine, but I hope it crosses over that ironic narcissism thing that they were doing on Achtung Baby.’ Then that ‘Discothèque’ song came on, and they were all doing the ‘Y.M.C.A.’ dance and shit in the video, and me and my brother were sitting there watching, going, ‘What. The fuck. Is going on?!’”
    Despite professing his love of U2′s early work and some of their popular 2000′s singles, Hawkins went on to say, “At that same time, when we were trying to go around and be a rock band still, Bono is going around saying, ‘Oh, rock & roll is dead and it’s all about dance music now,’” and we were like, ‘Fuck you, dude! Rock & roll is not dead! Fuck U2!’”
  5. No secret that Pop wasn't for the rock fans/everybody.
  6. Pop is, IMO, U2's most rock and roll album.
  7. Taylor Hawkins can cry me a river. Buuuu, I can't handle something different. Who cares.
  8. Achtung Baby was a lot, but certainly not narcissistic.
  9. Mexico Party time Bono looks real bad.

10. Originally posted by evman:FOO FIGHTERS DRUMMER TAYLOR HAWKINS BASHES U2 SONG “DISCOTHEQUE”

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=47977

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has let out a 16 year old hatred for U2′s 1997 single “Discotheque”, known for its bizarre music video and overall poppy tone.
    Ranting to AV Club, Hawkins said, “[My brother and I] were watching MTV and they said, ‘We’re going to world premiere the new U2 song and video today,’” he says. “I was like, ‘I hope it’s a little more like the older stuff. I mean, Achtung Baby was fine, but I hope it crosses over that ironic narcissism thing that they were doing on Achtung Baby.’ Then that ‘Discothèque’ song came on, and they were all doing the ‘Y.M.C.A.’ dance and shit in the video, and me and my brother were sitting there watching, going, ‘What. The fuck. Is going on?!’”
    Despite professing his love of U2′s early work and some of their popular 2000′s singles, Hawkins went on to say, “At that same time, when we were trying to go around and be a rock band still, Bono is going around saying, ‘Oh, rock & roll is dead and it’s all about dance music now,’” and we were like, ‘Fuck you, dude! Rock & roll is not dead! Fuck U2!’”

The Foo Fighters are the most boring band that I can think of. Every time Dave Grohl opens his mouth about how ‘music is supposed to be’ I think ‘cry me a fucking river’.

I’ll give the Foo Fighters one thing though, all of their albums have the amazing quality of sounding progressively similar.