1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Get Andrew watt to produce!!(too late I’m sure)

He seems to have a way with older rock groups lately. Pearl Jam’s latest is their best since yield imo

Can't agree , I would rather someone who can capture a gritty vibe but a producer who can also throw in some sonic layers , or push the band out of their comfort zone. It all seems to comfortable for U2 when it comes to new music since NLOTH. Let's mix shit up a little. I still say bring back Lanois or Eno , but whatever went down after NLOTH it seems hasn't been repaired between the 3 parties.
  2. Best since Yield.

As if Binaural, Riot Act and Avocado never existed. So silly.
  3. I like Dark Matter more than any of those above mentioned records...and there's more of us out there.
  4. Riot act is PJ's SOE....i wish it didn't exist. But i love Binaural and Avocado 👍
  5. It’s called opinions. I enjoy it more than those albums with avocado being the only one that’s close. Talk about silly…
  6. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]

Can't agree , I would rather someone who can capture a gritty vibe but a producer who can also throw in some sonic layers , or push the band out of their comfort zone. It all seems to comfortable for U2 when it comes to new music since NLOTH. Let's mix shit up a little. I still say bring back Lanois or Eno , but whatever went down after NLOTH it seems hasn't been repaired between the 3 parties.
    Watt pushed Pj out of their comfort zone. Gritty vibe will never be back in u2 music. The best we can hope for is the sound of them in one room creating music. More spontaneous , capturing it in two- three takes, not overthinking it and killing every song in the studio.
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    It’s called opinions. I enjoy it more than those albums with avocado being the only one that’s close. Talk about silly…
    Hot Take:

Gigaton is way better than Binaural, Avocado, and Riot Act by far.

Dark Matter is better than Gigaton.
  8. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Watt pushed Pj out of their comfort zone. Gritty vibe will never be back in u2 music. The best we can hope for is the sound of them in one room creating music. More spontaneous , capturing it in two- three takes, not overthinking it and killing every song in the studio.
    Here is the important thing. Pearl Jam surrendered to Watt and allowed themselves to be pushed out of their comfort zone. They wanted to go on a different musical journey. The results are fantastic and speak for themselves in the album that is Dark Matter.

I don't think U2 are capable at this point of surrendering to any producer. The best tracks on Songs of Innocence are the ones Danger Mouse produced. He either left the SOI project or U2 fired him over creative differences since he didn't finish the album.

I'm fine with Steve Lillywhite producing the next U2 record. Best we can hope for is another HTDAAB type album which isn't a bad thing. Way better than Ryan Tedder FFS.
  9. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    Here is the important thing. Pearl Jam surrendered to Watt and allowed themselves to be pushed out of their comfort zone. They wanted to go on a different musical journey. The results are fantastic and speak for themselves in the album that is Dark Matter.

I don't think U2 are capable at this point of surrendering to any producer. The best tracks on Songs of Innocence are the ones Danger Mouse produced. He either left the SOI project or U2 fired him over creative differences since he didn't finish the album.

I'm fine with Steve Lillywhite producing the next U2 record. Best we can hope for is another HTDAAB type album which isn't a bad thing. Way better than Ryan Tedder FFS.
    Agreed
  10. I’m not a fan of gigaton at all but I do know a lot of fans that love it. Dark matter is such a fantastic album for a band this deep in their career and the songs are sounding immense live.