1. Well I doubt it's good for the show in the long run...
    People always like underdogs in sports, right? Like Leicester, for example.
    If they keep cutting of the underdogs, not even being able to compete, well, I'll be bored quite easily with the same games over and over again.
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Well I doubt it's good for the show in the long run...
    People always like underdogs in sports, right? Like Leicester, for example.
    If they keep cutting of the underdogs, not even being able to compete, well, I'll be bored quite easily with the same games over and over again.
    It s true , but if you review the history all the tittles went to few teams ...i don t know what is better ...i love to watch the strong teams to be honest
  3. Originally posted by patou2:[..]
    It s true , but if you review the history all the tittles went to few teams ...i don t know what is better ...i love to watch the strong teams to be honest
    Yes, but this will make bigger difference between strong teams and the others. There should be strategy to make more teams win, so make possible more teams to get in top teams... but it's probably not strategy of sponsors... and football is mainly about money, right? Sport and fans are just the unimportant parts...
  4. from 2018 the Champions League will change and soon in europe we will have the Super League.
    It's nice that Leicester has won the Premier League but everybody know it's a wonder. Biggest team in europe don't have only much money but also a great tradition, great society, expert management, obviously they are the best. I like to watch super matches , this year and since five years my favourite team Juventus/Turin has a tremendous line up. Boys just want to play fun :-) like u2 rock and roll :-)
  5. Originally posted by buzzandmusic:from 2018 the Champions League will change and soon in europe we will have the Super League.
    It's nice that Leicester has won the Premier League but everybody know it's a wonder. Biggest team in europe don't have only much money but also a great tradition, great society, expert management, obviously they are the best. I like to watch super matches , this year and since five years my favourite team Juventus/Turin has a tremendous line up. Boys just want to play fun :-) like u2 rock and roll :-)
    Sure. Tell me how Manchester CIty and Chelsea became big succesful clubs by tradition.
  6. Manchester city and Chelsea are not in the history of football and not in my ideas of top club. Chelsea will not play CL and MC will play only after a match of qualifications.
    PSG too.......they are only teams of arabian or russian rich people.
    Big clubs are: Barcelona and Real in Spain, United and Liverpool in uk, Bayern and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, Juventus and Milan in Italy,the history are these teams. In France there is no league too many differences. In other countries like Holland, Belgium Greece, Sweden, Portugal and so on no chances. Only max 2 teams are able to play Europe League, not champions league. But the same history today is in all sports.........just think about it
  7. Then why do Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Zenit, Shaktar Donetsk etc. become more and more succesfull in Europe while Liverpool and Milan are sliding off...?
    I've got the utmost respect for those last two teams, but the reality is they've lost their place to the clubs above.

Furthermore teams like Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal should be completely ashamed how they ended up after a team like Leicester instead of being cocky and arranging that in the future they've got the CL tickets and not a team that did excellent with a way smaller budget.
    They should be able to overrun the champions of Belgium, Netherlands, Scotland etc instead of being afraid of losing and only willing to play Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund...
  8. You have to earn your place at the top table I'm afraid. Manchester United are nowhere near the level of Real Madrid and Barcelona. They were embarrassing in the Champions League last year and dismal domestically. Having a good European history doesn't entitle them to European Football each year. If the current crop of players aren't good enough, then that's tough. Leicester won the Premier League against all the odds and fully deserve a shot at taking on the rest of Europe. Good luck to them.
  9. You're right, Tim, but situations like ManU last year had lead to these measures.
    Because ManU missed the CL, they want more tickets for the "big" countries.
    Also, there's aparantly a rule where the clubs with more "tradition" get the ticket over a newcomer. For example, if Leicester becomes 4th and ManU 5th it'll be possible the UEFA gives the ticket to ManU anyway. How pathetic and sad is that...
    Anyway, nothing you can do about it.
  10. Originally posted by BelgianBono:You're right, Tim, but situations like ManU last year had lead to these measures.
    Because ManU missed the CL, they want more tickets for the "big" countries.
    Also, there's aparantly a rule where the clubs with more "tradition" get the ticket over a newcomer. For example, if Leicester becomes 4th and ManU 5th it'll be possible the UEFA gives the ticket to ManU anyway. How pathetic and sad is that...
    Anyway, nothing you can do about it.
    That last thing is not true. That only impacts the coefficient ranking, so if ManU & Leicester qualify for the CL, ManU might be in the pot A for the draw as they have a bigger history.
  11. I'm copying directly from our national football association...
  12. from the uefa site

Changes

-The UEFA Europa League winners will automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage (currently they can potentially take part in a play-off round).

-The top four clubs from the four top-ranked national associations will now qualify automatically for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.

-The full details of the access list for both competitions will be finalised by the end of the year.

-A new system for the club coefficients: clubs will be judged on their own records (deletion of the country share for individual club coefficient unless that coefficient is lower than 20% of the association's coefficient).

-Historical success in the competition will also be acknowledged in coefficient calculation (points for previous European titles with a weighted system for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League titles)

-Financial distribution to clubs will be increased significantly for both competitions.

-A new four-pillar financial distribution system (starting fee, performance in the competition, individual club coefficient and market pool) will see sporting performances better rewarded, while market pool share will decrease.